18 Reunion

It had been another few days of agony and I am currently laying on the floor with my head in Peeta's lap. Jo is holding my hand and playing with my fingers and for the first time in what feels like forever, we are all together at once. No one is in a torture room and no is being almost killed either. It's a nice feeling. It's like the three of us have turned into a little family.

A loud crash was heard in the distance and then the lights all went out. My grip on Peeta tightened and he placed a hand on my back as I sat up to comfort me.

"What the fuck are they planning now?" Jo grunts and I turn to her in the darkness.

I look around waiting for my eyes to adjust to the sudden darkness and all I can hear are the uneven sounds of my friends breathing.

"What's happening." Jo asks as distant muffled voices are heard in the halfway.I press my back into the bars and push away from my friends. I stare at the cement floor in front of me and try to pretend that I am anywhere but here. Recently I have completely gone mute again and I spend the majority of my day when i'm not being tortured with my back to the bars and staring at nothing in the distance.

Red beams of light are entering the room we are currently being held in and I continue to stare at the one spot in the distance avoiding the beams of red lasers. I hear the door being forced open but I block out any noise that I can. Peeta grips onto my hand. I know he hates it when I get into these distant staring moments but I can't help it. The door is finally forced open and a group of people in all black outfits rush into the room. I can feel Peeta start to panic at the sight of the people and on the inside I am freaking out just as much as he is. I can hear Peeta is fighting against the men in uniform but I remain still and frozen in my spot staring off into the distance. I can't bring myself to look up or fully register anything.

"Ry! Snap out of it!" I hear Jo call for me but I remain in my dazed state. It's like my body refuses to move or focus on anything by the rusty spot on the cell bars in the right corner. I feel my body being lifted off of the floor and into someone's arms. Unlike Peeta I just let it happen.

I let my eyes close and I lean into the body of whoever was taking me.

Finnick POV:
The cafeteria was quiet today and I had a bad feeling about something in my gut. I had my rope in my hands and I was listening to my breathing. They were supposed to get Ryne and Jo out today. The last I heard was when they lost connection with the hovercraft and I couldn't stay in the conference room much longer after that. I felt like I was suffocating there. The doors to the cafeteria open and Gale comes running in. I meet his eyes and he nods at me.

"She is here." He yells so I can hear him and I jump up from my seat and begin to sprint to the med bay. I enter the med room and see people running around everywhere. I can feel my heart rate pick up at the thought of seeing her. She was actually alive. I look around until my eyes see her sitting figure on a hospital bed a few meters away from me. I audibly gasp and run towards her managing to knock a few things along the way.

"RYNE! Ryne! Oh my god." I yell for her but she doesnt look up. She looks frozen in her spot as she stares at a place in the distance. It's like she isn't even here.

"What's wrong with her!?!?!" I frantically ask looking around the room for someone to answer me.

"She has been like that since we found her in the cell at the capitol. No one can get her to look at them or speak or even move." Gale answers and I could feel a tear escape my eyes at the thoughts of what could have caused her to be like this. I am only a few feet away from her and I take a leap of faith and I sit next to her. She is bruised and cut and burned from what I can see, but based on whatever drug they administered to her, she seems to have been nourished back to health and she doesn't look deprived of food anymore. Without all of the scars and marks she would look as if the quarter quell never happened.