3 Returning home?

I was lifted off of the grassy plain I collapsed on after my final kill. After the kill that made me a victor. The claw from the hovercraft reached around my body and pulled me up into the body of the hovercraft. I won. No, I survived. I survived the games. I killed so many people so I could go home. I made it out, just like I promised.

After all the necessary medical attention, a nurse gave me a new set of clothes to change into. My clothes from the games had since been thrown away. I looked as if I never went into the games in the first place, besides the scars. I dressed by myself and sat on the edge of the hospital bed. I felt as if I might break. It was a new feeling, the feeling of emptiness and hopelessness. I wanted nothing more than to see my family and hug them. I cared about nothing else. The next person to enter the room was Mags. She gave me a look of sadness and I smiled at her.

"Hi." I say with a strained voice from yelling in the arena. The sound echoed in my ears and there was something about it that sounded so different than before. My voice sounded aged, experienced, and pained. She came up to me and held me like a mother would. She wasn't afraid of the killer in her arms and if I wasn't so destroyed I might have appreciated that. I would not cry, not in front of her. I would have to cry by myself in the safety of my home with my family. It would have to wait. I pulled Mags close to me and took in all the warmth she had to offer. This was the first time in a while that someone touched me out of pure affection and support rather than the want and need to kill me for their own survival. I missed this.

She finally pulled away and put a hand on my face wiping away one stray tear I didn't know I let loose. She gave me a soft smile and pressed her lips to my forehead. I smile at the simple action. She handed me two letters that were sealed in envelopes clearly from the capital considering their quality. I gave her a confused look and she gestured for me to open them. As I opened the first one Mags made her exit leaving me to the sounds of the loud air condition unit and my own unsteady breathing. The first letter was from Ron and Finnick essentially saying that they were busy with business in the capital and congrats. I was informed that I would not be able to see them until I got back to district 4 after the victory tour. I was not upset at all, when I get back all I want to do is hide in my house and enjoy the company of my family. I was interrupted by my stylist from before the games saying I had to get ready for the interview. I forgot they did those. I never imagined myself having to relive my kills from the hunger games. I never thought I would be reaped in the first place. I never thought I would become a cold blooded killer. Yet here I am.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the victory tour I wouldn't talk to anyone. All I did was sleep, eat a little, and perform for the districts when I arrived at each of them. It was my own personal hell. I hated the attention and all I could actually focus on was seeing my family again. I have yet to be haunted by the nightmares that I know will plague my mind eventually and I have to say I am grateful for that for now.

I stare out the window of my room on the train and watch as the world passes by me in a fast blur. I was on my final stop of the tour. The final destination. Home. I was going to district 4 to live the life I earned from winning, I was going to be in the arms of my family in a few hours. I was terrified of how my parents would view me. Would they be proud that I came back to them or would they disgrace me for being a cold blooded killer. I won't know until I see them and that scares me. I notice a letter sitting on my bed and it looks similar to the fancy letters I received when I first woke up in the hovercraft. I completely forgot to open that other letter all those days ago.

"Where did I put you?" I mumble to myself as I look for that first letter. I finally found it on the floor under a pile of the clothes they first gave me to change into. This letter unlike the first one I received had an official stamp from the capital so I assumed it was from Snow.