17 The Capital

Ryne POV:

When my eyes finally open all I can see is white. Im dead. I know it. Im dead. This is hell. Im dead.

"She's awake. Let President Snow know, he will want to talk to her." I hear someone say and I know I'm not dead. I'm in the capitol. I might as well be dead.

I get to where I can pick my head up and I see that I am laid down on a hospital bed with tubes coming out of my arm. Surprisingly my arms are not latched down and I quickly rip the needles from my arms and sit up. There are 4 peacekeepers in the small all white room and they all have their guns raised at me. I roll my eyes.

"What does that old fuck want? I'm going to kill him." I sneer and the peacekeeper closest to me comes up and slaps me across the face. I show no reaction to his hit and I give him a smirk. I stare into the dark shiny black of his helmet and before anyone could hold me down I launch at him and wrap my hands around his neck. We are now both on the ground and he is flailing underneath me. I feel hands on me all around trying to pry me off but I am clouded by pure anger and need for revenge to notice the force they are using on me. The plastic breaks on the top part of his uniform making the sharp edge pierce into his neck. Blood starts to trail down my hands and I feel him slowly moving less and less. With the cut across his throat and the strangulation, he is going to die in just a few seconds. Sure enough he eventually went completely still and I was finally ripped from his body and thrown against the wall. I laugh again, Finnick isn't here to save me and I'm all alone. I'm stuck with Snow. My life is over.

I feel a hit to the back of my head and I see black spots enter my peripheral. I am kicked in the gut first making me hunch over and soon all three remaining guards are beating me with full force. I was going to die right now. I could feel my consciousness go in and out when they finally stopped. I felt hands grip my arms and pull me up from the ground. I'm starting to see things clearly when I'm pushed into a fancy room with a grand desk at the center. The room was well lit and had very intricate details on the baseboards and ceiling. It was as if I was in the president's office. That's when it hit me. I'm in the president's office. I look around the room frantically hoping to see another victor. Hoping to see Finnick. Maybe that's selfish to hope I wasn't alone even though this is the worst place to be as a victor. But I needed someone with me to not be alone. But no luck, just peacekeepers and myself. I was placed in a velvet chair across the desk and the massive chair that was facing the back wall. Hands hold my shoulder down and I feel the barrel of a gun pressed into the back of my head to prevent me from doing anything rash. Pretty smart considering I'm me.

"Now hello Miss Ryne." A cold and evil voice states as the chair behind the desk turns to reveal Snow. He sits tall in his chair with his hands together in his lap. He moves his hands to the table and I have a clear view of the ring he wears on his thumb. It's gold and in the shape of a rose. The detailing makes me want to gag. I make eye contact and he gives me a smug look as if he was the most innocent and untouchable person in all of Panem.

"What do you want from me! You have taken or killed everything and everyone I had." I say sneering at the man who ruined my life. His smile grew at my comment and he leans forward over the navy and gold detailed desk.

"Oh, I just want answers." He replies with a smirk and I scoff and lean back into the chair, the barrel of the gun pressing into my head even more.

"Oh haha. My mouth is sealed and there is nothing you can do to get them from me. You have no leverage."

"What if I told you, we had your dear Finnick in a cage of his own on the floor below us right now." He says, his smile getting even bigger if that was possible. The smell of wine on his breath is wafted into my face and it makes me nauseous.