8 Tribute Parade

Meanwhile Haymitch was talking to his tributes on district twelve's train.

"I want you guys to forget everything you think you know about the games. Last year was child's play. This year you are dealing with all experienced killers." Haymitch starts staring at his two victors who sit anxiously at the dining table on the train.

"Alright what does that mean for us?" Peeta asks leaning back in his chair.

"It means you're gonna have to have some allies." Haymitch answers walking closer to the two.

"Okay, I think that if w-" Petta starts being interrupted by Haymitch.

"Whoop, you're not the problem." He states pointing his attention to Katniss who looks unamused.

"No." Katniss simply states folding her arms over her chest.

"Look, you're starting at a disadvantage. Most of these people have been friends for years." The district 12 mentor adds.

"That just puts us higher on their kill list. " Katniss exclaims.

"Do it your own way, but I know these people. You go in alone, their first move is going to be to hunt you down. Both of you." Haymitch explains.

"Katniss come on." Peeta pleads with his district partner.

"How could any of us even trust each other." Katniss questions.

"It's not about trust, it's about staying alive." Haymitch then directs the twos attention to the screen with the reaping playing.

"Cashmere and Gloss. Brother and sister. District one. They won back to back games, capital favorites, lots of sponsors. They will be lethal. The other half of the career pack, Brutus and Enobaria."

"What's with her teeth?" Katniss asks curiously. Haymitch chuckles light then responds,

"She had them filed down into fangs so she could rip people's throats out." Haymitch mentions earning strange looks from his tributes.

"She's committed. I'll give her that." Peeta states.

"Wiress and beetee, not fighters but brilliant. And weird. Real tech savvy. He won his games by electrocuting 6 tributes at once. The morphlings, masters of camouflage. Basically won their games by hiding until everyone else was dead. Self medicating ever since, which I applaud. Not a threat."

"Finnick Odair Right?" Katniss asks as the screen switches to district 4.

"Yes, he won his games at 14, youngest ever. Extremely humble." Haymitch almost jokes.

"You're kidding."

"Yes i'm kidding. He is a peacock, a total preener. But he is the capital darling, they love him here. Charming, smart, and very skilled in combat, especially in water." Haymitch announces catching the tribute's attention.

"Weaknesses?" Petta asks leaning forward.

"One." Haymitch says looking at his feet before the screen turns to the district 4 female tribute.

"Ryne Ogeron." Haymitch sighs.

"I recognize her." Katniss pipes in with her eyebrows scrunched up trying to place Ryne somewhere in her mind.

"Maybe for more than one reason. It could be from the fact that she came to our floor last year when y'all were first tributes in training, she does not like Miss Trinket. Or the fact that she has the most kills ever in the arena and is known as the Killer Queen of the capital. She is scary and brutal." At this both Peet and Katniss nod slowly taking in the information.