5

Maxine.

The rest of the day was a blur, and later that night, Marth didn't return to the dorm. I didn't even leave on the closet light on for her. She'll come in when she's ready.

The next morning when I woke, Marth still hadn't returned. Maria was right, she's never here. I got up and changed into another pair of light wash Mom Jeans. I have an endless supply. I decided to cuff the ends as I slipped on my vans. Throwing on Rolling Stones tee, I tucked it in and grabbed my baseball cap again, putting it on backwards. I applied minimal makeup to hide the bags I've developed in just a few days, brushed my teeth, and left. I had to walk again because Marth wasn't here to give me a ride.

"Hey, need a ride?" I looked over at Maria, who was pulled up along the curb. I smiled, running to her car. Getting in shotgun, I closed the door and put on my seatbelt.

"Good morning," I said. Maria smiled at me.

"Good morning! Ready for the frat party?" She asked, making me groan on the inside. I smiled on the outside.

"Yeah, I am. I'm ready to forget this week," I whined, making Maria giggle.

"Well, it is Friday, so get as drunk as you'd like," Maria exclaimed.

"Because I know I am. Expect me to sleep there," Maria continued. I chuckled at her words, a part of me wants to do that. If I crash with Johnny's, maybe I can avoid another weird encounter with Marth. That is if she's invited to tonight. Knowing Johnny, she probably isn't but will show up out of spite. That definitely sounds like Marth.

"Same," I said, earning a smirk form Maria.

We pulled into the car lot before getting out. Johnny wasn't anywhere to be found outside, but I did see him inside.

"Go on, I'm not offended," Maria said, watching me look for Johnny. I don't know why I feel like I have to see him. I don't, but a part of me loves my friends' approval and maybe the male attention I didn't bother for back at home.

Heading inside the Starbucks, I put on my best lovey-dovey approach.

"Hey, handsome," I said, mentally cringing at myself.

"Hey, beautiful," Johnny said, pulling me into him. He pecked my lips. I instinctively wanted to wipe it off, but I didn't.

"Want to try something new or are you good with your regular coffee?" He asked.

"We have Starbucks back in London, Johnny," I playfully remind.

"But, no, I don't. The coffee you get me keeps me awake all day and I love that," I said, making Johnny chuckle.

"Okay, anything for you," He said, kissing my cheek before we got in line. Louis took our order, and Johnny paid. While we patiently waited for our coffee's, I couldn't help but look around for Marth. I didn't see her anywhere. Not that I care. I don't, but she wasn't in the dorm this morning, and then she's usually here. Again, I don't care.

"Here you go," Louis said as I grabbed my coffee.

"Can we sit inside? I need to charge my laptop. I forgot to last night," Johnny said.

"Sure," I said. Sitting down, Johnny pulled out his laptop, plugging it in.

"So tonight, can you stay?" Johnny asked. I nodded.

"Yes, I will stay," I said. I was terrified Marth would bring her business to our dorm again, and I want to avoid getting caught up in that.

"Awesome! You might want to pack a bag then," Johnny said, overly excited. I wonder what he has in mind.