13

Maxine.

Waking up the next morning, Marth wasn't in bed. Slipping on her shirt from last night and a fresh pair of panties, I notice a fresh cup of tea on my night table. It was still steamy. Picking it up, I took a few sips. She knows how to make tea.

I have my interview this morning, and I'm not worried about it. I've been an assistant manager before. I've opened and closed shops before. Working is not new to me. I've been employee of the month on several occasions, and I was usually the go-to employee. I have a decent working streak.

Rubbing my sleepy eyes, I followed the scent of bacon into the kitchen. Marth was cooking breakfast.

"Good morning," I said, clutching my mug closer to me. Marth's head shot up at me with a smile.

"Hey, how did you sleep?" She asked flipping a pancake.

"The best sleep I've ever gotten since arriving. That mattress is heaven," I said, propping myself on one of the bar stools.

"I know, I love it. Honestly, it's one of the reasons I wanted this place," Marth said, putting two pancakes on two plates along with eggs and bacon.

"Eat up," she said, joining me on a bar stool.

"Thank you, Marth," I said, pecking her cheek.

"My lips, baby," Marth said, turning my head.

"You taste like peppermint," she said, kissing me again.

"It's the tea you made me," I cheerfully say, taking a sip of tea before digging into my breakfast.

I cleaned up the dishes before getting ready for my interview.

"Does this look okay?" I asked, adjusting my blazer. I had on grey high waist dress pants, black heels, a black loose silky button down I tucked into my pants and a matching grey blazer. I applied minimal makeup and left my hair down. There isn't much you can do with a modern mullet.

"You look hot, like fuck me in your cubicle in the office," Marth said, placing her hands on my hips. I sighed.

"Marth, I mean it," I said, earning a chuckle.

"You look like you're going to ace the interview," Marth said, kissing my cheek.

"I'll wait for you," Marth said, grabbing her keys. I need to get my own car, so I'll need to save up. I do have a bank account that finally transferred from London to here last week. Marth still didn't let me buy anything because I don't have a job yet.

"After today, I'm paying for outings," I said, grabbing my copy of my resume and purse.

"Fine," Marth jokes as we lock the flat door and head to her truck.

"To have my own vehicle will be easier on us incase we have to work different shifts," I state as Marth heads to H-E-B.

"I told Ross you don't have a car and that we live together, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had us working the same shift," I sighed in relief at Marth's word. That would make it so much easier for us.

"Thank you so much, babe," I say, taking her free hand. Images of her hand in between my legs as she drove home yesterday flooded my mind and I grew flustered.

"What's wrong?" Marth asked, noticing my state.

"N-nothing," I stuttered. That was not convincing at all.

"Tell me," she pressed, placing her hand on my thigh. I sighed, lightly leaning forward from her touch.

"I'm thinking about the ride home yesterday," I say, avoiding Marth's eye contact. She let out a laugh.