47

Maxine.

I've tried on at least fifty dresses, and I can't find the one.

"Gosh, I wish your mother was here," Aunt rebel said as I tried yet another fucking wedding dress.

"Me too," I said, realising that she wasn't going to be there when I got married.

"But, I know that she's proud of you," Aunt Rebel added, making me smile a weak smile. This is so hard without my mum, and she should be here, helping me find my perfect wedding dress.

"I hope. I mean, I am marrying a woman," I said, remembering the things my dad had said about what my mother would think.

"Yes, you are, but I have come to realisations myself, Maxine," Aunt Rebel said as I looked at my cleavage. My tits look great, so it's too bad I hate the waist down.

"Like what?" I asked, stepping off the tiny stage among the several mirrors in front of me.

"I asked myself, why would God create you to be a lesbian, banning you to hell instantly when he expects you to make it to heaven?" Aunt Rebel said, making me suck in a sharp breath.

"Then I realised, bigots and ignorant people only said that because they refuse to believe God purposely created queer people, and you guys can go to heaven regardless of it because it's not your personality. It shouldn't matter who you fall in love with," she said, making tears spring in my eyes.

"Exactly," I said, smiling through my tears as I quickly wiped them.

"Next dress," I said before a dress that made me drool was handed to me.

"Woah," I said, feeling the silk.

"I think this will make her fall harder in love with you," Lisa, the wedding dress shop clerk, said to me before leaving the dressing room to change.

Once the dress was on and Lisa put the clips on, I walked from the dressing room to the stage.

"Oh, my god," Clarissa said, looking at the silk dress. This is the dress I dreamed of. Maybe not the exact dress I saw, but it's pretty damn close.

"This is the one," I said, admiring the off the shoulder, silk lacey long dress, and the bust comes down like a mermaid neckline with a body con silk dress that has a high leg slit and a train. The edges of the dress are aligned with the same lacey pattern as the sleeves. The sleeves pan out like bell bottom jeans, and those too are aligned with the lacey pattern.

"I think it is too," Clarissa said, staring at me with a gaze in her eye.

Once I got my dress sent off for alterations, I went with Clarissa and Aunt Rebel to pick out my shoes.

"We know you love heels," Yes, I do.

I tried so many shoes, but I found the ones I love.

"These," I said, holding up the silver open-toed strappy heels.

"Those are elegant," Clarissa said as she took the shoes, putting them back in their box, and she paid for them.

When we got back home to see Caroline and Sybil here.

"Hey guys," I said, setting my shoes on the island in my kitchen.

"Hey. Have fun?" Caroline asked.

"Yes, I did," I said, opening my shoebox. Unfortunately, Marth isn't here to see the shoes, but I plan to keep it like that until we get married.

"I can't believe you guys are getting married," Sybil said, closing my shoebox.

"I know, it's hitting me," I said. Marth got her tux made for her with the help of Harry. They've become good friends.