18

Marthe.

My head is swimming, pounding, spinning, and I feel sick.

Where I am? It's so loud, and that fucking beeping. Where is it coming from, and why is it so constant and annoying? Why isn't it stopping? My hand swatted over to hit my alarm, but I felt nothing. How can my alarm not be on the nightstand? I don't remember being in Sienna's bed this long. But her bed isn't this hard.

Of course, I'm not in her bed. I left the building I don't remember.

My eyes fluttered open, and it was so bright. The light is so blinding. The last thing I remember is laying on some pavement in a parking lot. Why would I lay on the pavement? Maybe I got so drunk at a party, I got incredibly drunk and passed out. That sounds like something I would do if I were mad enough. Did I drink because Layla can't seem to fuck off?

No, Layla's out of my life as far as I'm concerned.

Am I still on the pavement?

No, pavement doesn't feel like a bed.

I groaned, trying to roll over, but something is stuck in my wrist.

Jolting awake, I'm startled by something trying to push me back down.

"Hey, where the fuck am I?" I yelled, but it hurt because my entire torso is on fire with pain.

"Calm down; you are in the hospital, you've been in an accident," the same voice calls out at me.

"Get the fuck off of me," I yelled, feeling everything at once.

"Miss Woertman, you need to calm down so we can explain," a voice said. It was a nurse, but I don't know who Miss Woertman is.

"I said get off," I said, getting out of the bed, shoving the nurse off of me while taking out the needle in my wrist and these sticky things off my head. It was a little tricky because of the cast wrapped around my arm and hand. What the fuck did I do to myself?

Clutching my stomach, I opened the door, leaving the room. It just registered my shin is possibly broken, along with a few other things, and the dead give away is the cast on my leg, and brace around my ribs, making it hard to move, but I need to figure out what the fuck is going on right now.

"Miss Woertman, please, you're in terrible condition," the same nurse said, calling out to me.

"Who the fuck is that?" I asked, looking around, confused. A few people were looking at me as I were crazy.

"Ma'am, that's you. You've been in an accident, and you've been badly injured, so you need to go back to bed. I shrugged the nurse off of me as I hobbled down the hallway, trying to get out of here. It's too damn bright, and I'm in so much pain.

"Marth?" Another girl called my name. She's blonde and has blue eyes, and she looks familiar. Why do I not know her, but do?

"W-who are you?" I asked, staring at this girl while holding myself up against the wall, trying to steady myself since my leg is in a cast.

"It's me, Marth. It's me, Maxine, your girlfriend," the girl named Maxine said as the colour from her face drained. She looks so lifeless, tired, stretched, and physically overwhelmed.

"My what?" I asked. Maxine stepped back, hurt evident in her eyes.

"Your girlfriend," the beautiful girl repeated, but all I did was squint my eyes, trying to remember who she really is. Everything about her feels like home, but I'm still not sure. She feels like a significant person in my life like she's meant to be.