37 | a deal done well

He sure has a flair for the dramatic like Laurent, Lysandra thought upon witnessing Abraham Cirillo's behavior

"We have certain confirmations to make," Seraphine said, her tone grave and serious. "And we would like it if you help us regarding that."

"Ask away."

"Recently there has been a sudden increase in the attacks on earthens by several vampyre dens. Why so? They have remained in the shadows, controlling their beasts all this while. Why rebel now?"

"I am not a vampyre, child. Why do you assume I'd know about issues as such?"

"Come on," Maevis snorted. "You are like the closest person to the vampyre lords. You are practically royalty, Abraham. If you don't know then, I don't know who would!"

"Clever," Abraham noted. "What's in it for me? If I decide to answer your questions, that is."

Seraphine looked down towards her lap while Maevis turned to Lysandra who had been silent since they came inside the living room. Lysandra, however, was distracted staring at Laurent. The both of them were sharing heated and teasing gazes while smiling like love-sick teenagers. Maevis felt a slick smile grace her lips and she stretched her arm to a side to pinch Lysandra's hip. Lysandra squealed, glaring daggers at the raven-haired who had a palm over her mouth, concealing her smile. Laurent, who had seen the whole ordeal, also snickered. The halcyon mood turned sullen as Seraphine began talking to Abraham again.

"Now that I come to think of it, we are doing you a favour, you see. Your businesses thrive only with the support of vampyres and we are sort of protecting them from being wiped off of the face of the Earth."

"You dare come to my place and threaten me?" Abraham rasps. "I might be human but, don't take it that I am weak."

"You misunderstand- "

Laurent stepped up, interrupting Seraphine and also halting Maevis who was seething with anger. "Do it for me, pops. Please, don't make this a big issue. We have a deal, remember?"

"Okay. The vampyres have not gone rampant on their own. Some powerful blooded daemon of some unknown clan has been influencing them. As of now, we are not sure who but rumour it is that he is a dark-haired man building up an army, taking vampyres from different clans to go wild and unleash their beasts. That's all I know," Abraham said, gulping.

"There is more to it," Lysandra stated, turning all of the heads towards her.

Abraham grit his teeth in anger as he spat, "Don't accuse me of lying."

"I never said you were lying, sir. You just withheld some information from us." Lysandra's voice was grave and serious, her mind lost in thought. "You said powerful blooded and as far as I know, one wouldn't know how strong a vampyre's bloodline is until they see them in person and get a firsthand experience of their compulsion power. So, tell us what you know if this man."