36 | take me away

[one week later]

[one week later]

Lysandra slapped her palm across her mouth to avoid giggling out loud as she tip-toed behind Seraphine. It was five in the morning and the corridors of the frosty castle were unruffled. Lysandra's grey eyes were alight with amusement, a feeling of excitement coarsing through her veins after so long. Adventure was what she missed after coming to the castle and thanks to her cousin, she made the stay bearable.

"Shh, I think she's up," Seraphine whispered, pausing in front of Maevis's chamber door. A faint shuffling perked up Lysandra's senses and she nodded, telling her cousin that the plum-eyed was probably up.

Before they could act on it, a swift padding of footsteps echoed and the door was swung open, revealing a drowsy looking Maevis.

"Fuck, did we wake you up, kiddo?" Lysandra joshed, resting her palms over her hips. Seraphine snickered, patting Maevis's shoulder as to console her.

"Should've been ready by now, Mae. Are you alright?" Seraphine asked, diverting the topic after seeing how disheveled Maevis looked.

Maevis offered her a gentle smile, turning to Lysandra with a proud grin. "You care too much for me, Sera. Calm down, I just didn't get enough sleep. Got used to dingy motels and now luxury gives me sleepless nights."

"Oh, the silk sheets gave me the creeps for so long," Lysandra chuckled.

Maevis and her did not properly get along but they had a common goal to work towards and after a while of getting used to each other, they had this strange dynamic they worked with. They had their own share of arguments but they made sure their silly issues did not get in the way of work.

"Make yourself presentable, Miss Maevis," Seraphine said in a posh accent, pushing Maevis towards her dressing room. "We have a vampyre royal to meet."

They quietly got into the room and sat down on the velvet couch placed at the foot of the bed. That day, the royals were rather busy and besides, Micah had to duty of making sure their absence would not be noticed. Raffaela and Gavril were afraid of what would happen to their children if things went wrong but in the end, for the greater good, they had to take a huge risk.

Lysandra sat clicking her fingers and creating spurts of fire, making her eyes glow. Seraphine wooed and rubbed her own fingers creating tiny icicles sprouting through her fingers. The polar nature of their powers amused them and they often found themselves messing around with them.

Maevis came back within a couple of minutes and stalked towards the center of the room, wringing her hands together and smoothing her hair down. "The wards will be let down, no? Otherwise it's gonna drain my power and— "

"Yes, Laur said he'd make all arrangements," Lysandra cut Maevis off.

"Someone is excited to see lover boy," Seraphine sung, nudging her cousin's shoulder playfully. Much to her surprise, Lysandra's cheeks grew crimson and she bit her lip, looking down towards her lap. "I sense there's gonna be some much needed action once we get there. Oh, young love!"