23 | seeking the dark

The dimly lit corridors sent a certain platinum blonde's heart racing unceremoniously as she was whisked deeper and deeper, accompanied by two other royals who seemed so well versed with the path they were currently traversing, given their comfort...

The dimly lit corridors sent a certain platinum blonde's heart racing unceremoniously as she was whisked deeper and deeper, accompanied by two other royals who seemed so well versed with the path they were currently traversing, given their comfortable turns and steps despite the lack of illumination. It was almost as if they had spent hours taking turns to seek each other and hide whenever they got too wearied of the lack of proper activity in the lonely mansion they called home.

"Now is probably the right time to let me know if I'm going to be murdered in these dungeons."

"You can be hilarious when you want to be, Lee," Seraphine chuckled, her head turned back for a moment to acknowledge her cousin's absurd statement.

The nickname, however, sent a throb to Lysandra's heart as she remembered the earthens who adored her and called her Lee. Deciding not to portray any weakness, she did not object Seraphine addressing her that way and deep inside, she would dare admit that it strangely comforted her a bit.

"That didn't answer my question," Lysandra murmured to nobody in particular, scoffing to herself. Almighty royals and their blood secrecy.

Since she had popped the question regarding her past the previous day, Seraphine was surprisingly quiet, rather unnaturally. She had practically forced Lysandra to distract herself from the topic, touring her around the kingdom and letting her get acquainted with the local cultural practices. She stood out like a sore thumb everywhere, however, having quite a noticeable dressing style. She refused to wear pastels or the pretty dresses that were placed in her closet and stuck to her ripped jeans or t-shirt dresses. Her criticism of the smallest of deals riled up every person she met, rubbing them the wrong way.

The rumour was on full fledge, of the rogue princess returning back. The tale of her escapade consisted of the wildest of adventures that she wished she could have the pleasure to experience. People had even gone to great lengths to spread notorious stories far and wide, asking her how her stay at some African tribe was. Lysandra, despite having never been to that part of the world, laughed out loud, encouraging them by putting in her share of points regarding a few strange traditions of the wild folks she had created on spot.

The schooling system was quite the advancement compared to the age old customs they still abided by. The institutions were set up to train children in all aspects under careful monitoring of the tutors until they turned sixteen, capable of handling their maguses all by themselves. Categorising these teenage graduates into groups suitable for certain social activities to contribute to the kingdom and advanced training ranging from practical to psychological circumstances, they ensure the smooth transition of them into the most powerful version of themselves.

The healers ran a wing to ensure perfect health and thriving of the people whilst the warriors ensured the safety. The other cults indulged themselves into separate administrations built to confirm the unperturbed functioning concerning every aspect of survival.