16 | whisked away

In certain moments of your life, you would have to let go of something that has been your only anchor in the darkest of time

In certain moments of your life, you would have to let go of something that has been your only anchor in the darkest of time. Moments arise, over which you would have absolutely no control. Moments appear where you would feel your heart ripping apart into two and yet, you would let the tears fall, bidding goodbye to the ones who were but fragments of you.

Lysandra's life had been torn apart multiple times and yet, this turn was the hardest one of her voyage. Life was such a cruel creature, feeding upon the sadness it bestowed to people, she thought grimly. Each time she had convinced herself that everything is over and set herself free, the shackles came back to her, infesting themselves betwixt her fragile heart.

Plain chaos ensued as Seraphine used her arms to petrify Lysandra's siblings when Maevis had disappeared to God knows where. Laurent jumped away whilst Seraphine's quite literal icy blow was directed towards him and stumbled back with wide eyes.

Before any further action could take place, with a pop, Maevis announced everyone of her presence, tagging along a tall man who reflected that he would be anywhere but there. If not for the rather dire situation, Lysandra would've laughed out loud at the instances in which she felt that her whole life was a comical Disney serial. The only difference was that the people did not wear obnoxious costumes, parading around in a goddamn castle.

"Alastair," Seraphine acknowledged the man to which he bowed his head slightly as he gently stroked the iguana resting on his shoulder. A vibrant magenta coated the creature's skin, blending into a dull but, pigmented violet as it moved down its body. Lysandra stared at it with awe-dressed features.

"Alastair, my dear friend," Maevis started, putting her hand atop his upper arm. Alastair stared at her hand with disgust, his straight-lipped mouthed curved into a strange frown, a clear indication of his foul mood.

"Don't, Maevis," he rasped. "I am here just because I owe you a favour."

"Aw, don't be that way."
Maevis pouted, her eyes alight with mischief.

"Don't listen to her, Alastair. Just get done with the work," Seraphine instructed.

"Oh, side with the cognisance and put me aside, why don't you!" Maevis scoffed, raising her arms up for emphasis.

"Don't be dramatic, Mae. Just portal Lysandra and let us take care of this mess."

"Mess? You guys are the ones messing around here, talking about erasing Lysa's existence in toto!" Laurent finally spoke up, his voice raised up an octave as his eyebrows hit his hairline, his eyes wide in panic. Seraphine recalled her clinker of missing her aim whilst attempting to freeze him and prepared for action when Maevis went on with her blabbering, undoubtedly testing her dearest mate's patience which was wearing extremely thin. Trotting in dangerous waters, she was and luckily for her, she held a special place in a certain icy woman's heart. A pint of mercy and soft spot, she would always have.