30 | divulge the sins

"Good morning," Nyo greeted them, her coiled hair resting upon her shoulders, reminding Lysandra of Medusa

"Good morning," Nyo greeted them, her coiled hair resting upon her shoulders, reminding Lysandra of Medusa. "Do sit down."

It was little bit of a stretch of her wild imagination but Nyo definitely had a stare which could freeze people in their tracks with the authority and power that oozed out of her.

Lysandra snickered to herself as she sat down on the plush couch and nudging Seraphine whose eyes were fixed too hard on the African Queen.

"Calm down, would you? She is not going to poison our teas or something," Lysandra murmured to Seraphine, shooting Nyo a sweet smile.

Seraphine cleared her throat and split her lips into a courteous grin directed at the Queen as she took a seat beside her cousin.

"I have summoned the both of you here to discuss a very important concern that has been bothering me," she started, rather hesitantly, "and I would hate to have to bother your parents and distract them from their duties."

"It is our responsibility to take care of you while you are in Athens, Queen Baraka. Do tell us what your trouble is." Lysandra nodded as her cousin spoke, making the dark-skinned woman feel a little at ease.

"Please, call me Nyo. Formalities, I feel, are unnecessary."

"Sure!"

Lysandra's enthusiasm brought out a chuckle from the other two royals. A moment passed and Nyo rubbed her palms together before speaking.

"You see, the other day when I was attacked, you had captured a vampyre. My doubt is that they have begun protesting and decided to harm me thinking I have joined hands with King Eucarpus."

Lysandra furrowed her eyebrows. "Why would the daemons attack you? Besides, I don't understand how they knew you apparently joined hands with my father, if you did, that is."

"That is the what I wanted to discuss. Your father let me in on the whole plan, yes. But— "

I told you, my precious, your father is planning something huge. Huge in the scale of taking over the world.

"Who are you?" Lysandra asked, her tone wavering.

Your well wisher, came the monotonous voice, ringing within her head.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Uh, yes. I apologise, Nyo. I am fine."

"So, King Eucarpus's plan is to terminate all sorts of daemons or get them under his control for when he takes over the Earth and he believes that if the seven bellator kingdoms join hands, that will be an easy goal to achieve. Besides, it has been centuries since the lycanthropes and warlocks came out of their hiding. Being limited in number keeps them indoors and hidden, mostly."