03 | the stalker's trail

"So, Lysandra," Laurent said once they were in an office room inside the building

"So, Lysandra," Laurent said once they were in an office room inside the building. "I would like to propose something very beneficial for the both of us."

"You tell me what it is. I'll decide if it's any good."

"Fair enough. You see, my dad and I run a fight club. When would like you to join?"
Lysandra stared at him in disbelief. She couldn't believe his audacity and his confidence, that he went so far to assume she would wag her tail and obey whatever he had said.

"Right," she scoffed, "why would I want to be a part of your measly pack?"

"Well, one, there is more money involved than that you make individually. Two, you get to train alongside me," he gestured to himself, "And three, you get to dominate over the losers."

"No, thank you. I'm fine on my own."

"Don't play hard to get, Lysandra," he pouted.

"I would think before blabbering nonsense if I were you," she warned. "Thank you for the generous offer, Cirillo. But, I must say I am better off alone."

She made her exit leaving Laurent gaping at her courage.

"I won't let you off easily, Lysandra!"

"Sure. I'm eagerly waiting for more of these pointless meetings with a complete idiot as such," she hollered back, stunning him once again.

That sharp tongue would get her in trouble some time or the other, he mused to himself.

"It seems like you aren't immune to my charms, Lysandra, since you've followed me here

"It seems like you aren't immune to my charms, Lysandra, since you've followed me here."

Lysandra was near her locker in the school campus the next day when she was more or less ambushed by an utter twat who did not know the definition of boundaries.

"Cirillo," she said whirling around to face him and took a breath in at his close proximity. "What an utter pleasure!"

"We're destined to cross paths time and again," he smirked, "and by the looks of it, we go to the same school."

"Unfortunately," she spat pushing him back with her hands on his chest.