09 | sangria flavoured kisses

Lysandra had always been a wanderer, quite literally

Lysandra had always been a wanderer, quite literally. Every place she had taken refuge in was an assemblage of brick walls and shallow people. Albeit, she crossed passed with a magnificent structures and kind hearted people who were like the diamonds found embedded betwixt squalid metals. Having seen quite a lot of world's wonders, she wasn't bluffing when she deemed to herself that Laurent's family mansion was insanely tantalising.

The regal looking stone edifice loomed arrogantly behind the huge gates, led by a path flanked by perfectly groomed trees and bushes. Huge windows adorned the building, allowing a peek into the grandiose rooms and gothic balconets propped out of the walls, standing tall and offering an unbeatable view.

A tower stood tall, distinctive from the rest of the house, topped with a triangular dome wrapped in dark stone tiles. The extensive porches on either side were brimming with people, chatting up and exchanging smiles.

Awe was the only thing taking refuge in Lysandra's head as she gawked at the victorian structure she was standing in front of. Laurent chuckled beside her, bringing her out of her admiring reverie.

"Impressed, are we?"

"I know how to appreciate beauty when I find it," Lysandra said, still facing the building and tightened her grip on the golden coloured clutch in her hand.

"Wait until you see the inside, Lysandra," Laurent boasted, placing his hand on the lower back of his date for the day.

She, however, shrugged him off and walked forward, ensuring with her peripheral vision that he was still somewhat beside her. He shook his head and fell into step with her, taking her into the house lined with lights with the decorations on point and the party on full swing.

Lysandra eyed the interiors eagerly, curiosity and admiration staining her otherwise blank features. The chandeliers hung on the roof caught her attention as she jutted her chin up like a child, the light illuminating the hazel eyes of hers. Laurent could do nothing but stare at her, drinking her features in. Her wild locks fell down onto her shoulders, pin straight that day and her features reminded him of that of a carefree kid instead of the taut eyebrows and controlled expressions that she always bore.

"Laurie!" came a lady's voice from their right, making Lysandra whirl around. "There you are!"

She looked at Laurent with a questioning gaze and he said nothing but turned away, enveloping the woman in a hug.

"Mama," he said, pulling back and placing an arm around Lysandra's shoulders before she could realise what he was about to do. "Lyss, this is Sybil, my stepmom."

Lysandra spared him a dirty look before stepping away from his hold and cracking her lips into a small smile.
"Hello, Sybil."

"Enchanté, love," she smiled and then shook her head, laughing to herself. "I am sorry. I meant to say — It's a pleasure to meet you."