08 | of outlandish occurrences

"I know who you are," came a mellow voice from behind Lysandra who stood at her locker, dumping her books in

It was the next day and she had gone to school, having nothing better to do at home. Classes were her distraction for the day and she was more than alright with that.

She turned around at the interruption to come face to face with a petite girl whose pale blue eyes twinkling with mischief. When Lysandra looked at the stranger with perplexity-filled features, she rolled her eyes and repeated her statement.

"I know who you really are."

"Okay," she said, nodding her head and gesturing for the stranger to make way.

"I know what you did as well," she murmured.

"Cool."

"I'm afraid it'd be better for you if you talk to me and settle things like the almost adults that we are than risk the exposure of your rather dark past."
The girl shrugged, pushing the cropped blonde hair off her shoulders and smiled sadistically.

"You know nothing about me," Lysandra defended, crossing her arms over her chest.

"As a matter of fact, I do know quite a lot about you, Lysandra Mikhael."

Lysandra, who was almost about to dismiss the outlander's lame antics and leave without prolonging the conversation, had a whiplash at the new reveal. She turned to face the girl who was then smirking dubiously and twirling a lock of her light blonde hair around her fingers.

Playing a clever trick and deciding not to give anything away, she feigned confusion, tilting her head to one side.

"I reckon you've got the wrong Lysandra," she smiled.

"Isn't your name Lysandra Mikhael? I might've made a mistake then," confessed the girl, playing along and looking straight at her hazel eyes. "Oops, my bad."

Lysandra gave nothing away even though her heartbeat skyrocketed and sweat coated her forehead and palms. She grit her teeth and offered her a solemn nod, ducking into one of the classrooms in the end of the corridor.

"Made new friends, huh," Theon commented as soon as he spotted Lysandra sketching while sitting in the last desk of the class.

"I don't think so."

"You were talking to some girl back there, weren't you? Quite chummy, the both of you were."

"Huh?" she furrowed her eyebrows for a couple of seconds before her eyes widened as realisation hit her. "Oh, the blondie. Right. She was just being a bother."

"Who isn't a bother for you, Lysandra! You hate living beings in general," he snorted.

Lysandra offered him a sharp glance before averting her concentration back to her book.