07 | flame drenched

"Mama!" sobbed a young girl drenched in tears, her figure shaking as she sat curled up on the lawn's grass

The flames hissed and she shuddered, her lips trembling as she looked down at her hands. She could not bring herself to go in and all she could do was wail in agony.

The figure of an auburn haired woman appeared through the fire, screaming for help. The girl shot up, standing on her wobbly legs and gaping at the burning house.

"Jay!" she shrieked, trying to move towards the house.

"I warned you not to take her in, mum! Now she is going to be the death of us, quite literally!" cried Adrianna, her half-burnt body flashing through.

"No!" said the girl, stretching her arms up but, her body was frozen and she cursed herself, feeling helpless.

"I hate you, Lee," voiced Jeremy, held in the arms of William whose features were laced with extreme pain.

"This — this cannot be true!"

"Oh, but it is," came a demonic voice from within her head and she slapped herself on both of cheeks, chanting to herself that it wasn't true. She was not capable of that. It was nothing but a mere illusion. It was not true.

Because if it were, it would be the end of her.

The birds cooed as the sun stretched its limbs, breaching through the darkness that prevailed

The birds cooed as the sun stretched its limbs, breaching through the darkness that prevailed. It was the wake of new beginnings — an awakening of a better time, they said. Oh, it is far from it, thought the hazel-eyed occupant of the Verlice household.

The warmth making its way through the blinds, directly onto Lysandra's face had disrupted her peace, making her groan with closed eyes. Sleep was a distant visitor the past night, considering the nightmares that wouldn't stop barreling in an out of her consuming thoughts. She had forcefully swallowed the prescribed pills for her body to effectively shut down, preventing her brain to function actively or to assault her with visions.