18 | an awaited heir

Lysandra assumed that she had figured out who she was

Lysandra assumed that she had figured out who she was. Her identity and persona were pellucid, she thought, at least to herself. But, circumstances proved her wrong. Evidently, the reflection staring back at her through the crystal portal said so as well.

She was no longer the temperamental redhead but the keeper of a royal title, a princess in making. You are the future of Athens Royale now, Lysandra, Seraphine had said not too long ago. Giving her a near whiplash, Seraphine put herself through a metaphorical enchanted tunnel, turning out to be quite different from a pale skinned blonde. She was, in reality, a dark-haired seductress with an olive skin tone. The only feature that did not change were her sea-blue eyes, reflecting her powers.

Lysandra was no exception to the drastic removal of all of the layers that were put up to hide their original identity. Her icy blonde locks that fell beyond her waist contradicted the fury coursing through her due to her own inability to control which direction her life was heading towards. The porcelain grey eyes held no warmth unlike her hazel ones which were the only portal to the fierce affection she had for a family that had taken her in so kindly.

Something anomalous pierced her heart and yet, she could not fathom what it truly was for, her whole life had been a cobweb of illusions and lies. A few, she had told herself to survive and guard her sanity from her past and the others were those her kith and kin had put into play to deceive her.

Preservation, they claimed. Deception, she accused.

The irony of the whole scenario was the actuality that Lysandra had done the exact same thing to herself and yet, she found comfort alleging the other human beings. Human nature, indeed.

Though, their kind exceeded the possibilities of mundane abilities.

It was a few hours after the chaotic removal of the facade altering charm, courtesy of her sweet aunt Raffaela Dimitrov. Her freckles, perfectly visible over the sheath of her pale skin, complimented the angular structure of her face and her button nose. She was stunned, unable to fully perceive herself as she was the complete opposite of what she was before. Her appearance implicated her to be a soft-spoken lady whose manners were on fleek. Her pale eyes twinkled, seeming rather ghostly and she sighed, attending to the knock that sounded on the room's door.

"Ready, Lysandra?" Raffaela asked, smiling accommodatingly.

Lysandra nodded, stepping out into the hallway to get to Seraphine and Maevis who were already prepped up to leave to the royal court. Unlike from their previous chic looking attires, they were now in formal dresses, adorned with subtle jewellery. Lysandra was partly forced into a grey sparkly ensemble with a halter neckline, exposing her bony shoulders. She thought it to be highly unflattering and insipid while every one else complimented how aptly the dress suited her frame, bringing out the jubilant eyes.

She had scoffed whilst streaking kohl across her lash lines and tipping herself with bonus points for managing to look decent. Her so called parents awaited a little surprise, she grumbled to herself as she ran her fingers through her platinum hair.