44 | turned tables

The cloaked figures circled around the bellators while Eucarpus bellowed for guards in vain

"No use screaming, brother. Your soldiers are out cold," a cold voice snapped and the man's hood fell down to reveal a rather familiar face.

"Faustus? What is the meaning of all of this? Who the hell let these daemons in?" Zemira gasped, shuffling closer to her husband.

Fautus growled while his followers hissed in warning. A warm hand clasped Lysandra's and before she could scream, she was dragged away into a corridor, through a small backdoor of the ballroom. She tried her best to escape but her efforts went down the drain. She was no match for the person's strength.

Surprisingly, the vampyres paid no heed to her being whisked away. As soon as she was let free she turned around to smack the person but relaxed when Micah's face came into her vision.

"You scared me to death, Micah."

"I didn't have a choice. We don't have time, listen to me. We have Queen Nyo and Emperor Akikazu on board. We lost connection with Nikolaus. That is the situation now, thought you should know that before things blow up in there."

"We're good then. Okay."

"Laurent is in the basement. In the armory. He said he is waiting for you."

Lysandra nodded her head and they slowly creeped back into the room and her father's dumbstruck head shot towards her.

His mouth arched up. "Family is supposed to be anybody's strength but it turns out loving them more than myself and trusting them has been my greatest downfall."

"I was loyal to you, Eucarpus," Faustus screeched. "You fucked it up, you betrayed my trust."

"You've mistaken my intentions, Faustus. I always will protect you but I didn't ever say I'd let your daemon friends roam around like they own the place, no?"

"You promised we'd rule together!"

"I take it back then. You do realise you walked into your own death trap, no? There are five kingdoms with me here and you are fighting a war you've already lost."

Everyone was dumb struck, watching the show with shocked expressions. Faustus grew angrier and his fangs grew out, making his eyes turn white. His vampyre self was showing. Gasps resonated across the room seeing a hybrid for the first time.

"You dare join hands with the daemons?" Emperor Akikazu seethed, pulling his wife to stand behind him as he got into a protective stance. "Who else did you invite? The shifters?"

"Who let them in?" Zemira asked again.

"I did, Mira," Timotheus answered. "Faustus told me he was here as per Eucarpus's orders, I should have known."

Lysandra could not be more clueless. She had absolutely no clue as to what to do while they argued among themselves. Seraphine gestured for her to stay calm. Somehow, that did not put her to ease and instead, her anxiety shot up. She tried her best to ignore every screaming voice within her head, overwhelming her to the point that she could do nothing but stay put. Micah had told Laurent was in the basement but she did not know why he had to risk his life and come there because as far as she knew, he was supposed to meet her once everything was over. If they were fortunate enough, that is.