34 | to hell with secrets

"You're pregnant? My God, am I going to be an aunt?" Seraphine teased, flailing her arms dramatically as if her overactive imagination and expressive dialogues weren't irritating enough

Micah snickered and turned his head to a side to conceal his grin when Lysandra shot him a condescending glare. He raised his hands in surrender as if saying he was not involved in their little spat.

"Incorrect answer, genius! Try again," Lysandra challenged, her arms crossed and one of her eyebrows arched.

Seraphine cooed and put her arms arund her brooding cousin, telling her that she was merely teasing her to lighten the atmosphere. Lysandra gave in, gently peeling the dark-haired vixen's arms off of her.

"I have called Laur and he said he'd have a meeting arranged with his grandfather. Oh, he is in Istanbul by the way."

"I know," Seraphine asserted and Lysandra curled her mouth in distaste muttering an of course through clenched teeth.

"Care to fill me in, ladies?" Micah queried, his teeth nibbling on his lower lip in thought.

"You, my darling brother, are rather busy these days. You would have been in the loop, you know, if only you were there with us for the last two days."

"Busy?" Lysandra snorted. "He came to train me yesterday. We were at it for almost three fuckin' hours."

Micah cursed under his breath. This Lee girl was too honest for her own good. He lowered his head as his face turned red. He was afraid to take risks unlike his sister and her plan seemed to become even more dangerous day by day. He did not want that mental tension impacting him, leading the King or the fellow royals to notice him and figure out that something was fishy. It was foolish but, he was guilty as charged. Hence, he buried himself in work, giving out orders and training the soldiers in a tactical way so that when the time came, the war would not cost too many lives of people on their side. Seraphine's steady glare bore holes atop his head and he never once looked up. Lysandra snickered, her amusement expressed pretty blatantly.

"Why was I not informed of this session?" Seraphine asked, shifting her strict gaze onto Lysandra who simply shrugged in response.

"You were preoccupied talkin to auntie Raf and uncle Gav."

Seraphine sucked a frustrated breath in, nodding to what her cousin said before turning to her brother who was now fiddling with the collar of his shirt. Her brother was a mighty warrior, someone who would make people cower in fear but when it came to family, he was such a gentle and mellow fool.

"You know what you are ascertained to do, Micky," Seraphine concluded and Lysandra raised her arms up in frustration.

"There you go! Bloody royals are back to keeping secrets, back to keeping every plan under the wraps," Lysandra commented, running her hands through her chopped hair, a sly grin gracing her face. "What exactly are you ascertained to do, Micah?"