42 | one trapped, one escaped

Lysandra felt her composure slip up as she acknowledged the tears that flowed down her cheeks

Lysandra felt her composure slip up as she acknowledged the tears that flowed down her cheeks. Her father appeared slightly taken aback while her mum had a look of accomplishment upon her face. She did not even want to look at the Russain King. Jade was holding onto little Jeremy, her eyes glistening with gratitude directed towards Lysandra. Adrianna stood behind William, peeking at all of them, undoubtedly afraid. 

"Let them go," Lysandra stressed again and her father called for the guards.

"Keep them safe and hidden until I say otherwise."

The guards escorted the earthen family out while Lysandra thought of everything she could do to possibly get them out of there. But, her head was put into too much stress to think anything right. She was under an emotional overload, making her want to curl up into a ball and scream until it passed away. 

"I need time," she said, furiously wiping the wetness coating her face. "I will marry once the summit is done."

That was the only option she could think of to buy herself more time in order to formulate an escape plan. She was surely not going to settle with an asshole like Avgustine and she obviously did not know what to do but she was going to figure it out.

Her mother clicked her tongue in disapproval. "Are you stupid, woman? The whole point of marrying you off early was to show off the merger between us and the Russian kingdom."

"Mira," her father rasped. "It's okay. Let us give her the choice to choose the time of her wedding. The groom was our choice anyways."

Lysandra wasn't her own self. Otherwise, she would have given out a snarky reply or two in return. Her father was speaking as if they were doing her a huge favor. She bit her bottom lip and mutely nodded, walking towards the door. 

"Ah ah, you are going to stay here until the summit, darling. You are to stay here and not wander out, trying to think of plans to sabotage your wedding," her mother declared making her turn her head back, almost as if she were given a whiplash. "Avgustine, dear, you are alright with all of this, no?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" he retorted. 

Lysandra let herself stay silent, reminding herself that somehow her cousins and Laurent would make their plan work. "I am not staying here," she stated as calmly as she could. 

Her parents informed Avgustine to take care of her and strutted out of the room. As strange as the whole conversation was, she could not bring herself to get a word out. Sighing, she took a seat on one of the office chairs, not wanting to talk to the whiskey-eyed bastard.

"One more day, sweetheart," Avgustine said, walking to the blonde bellator and bending over so his lips grazed her ear. "One more day and you will be mine."

Lysandra felt her anger flare up. "I seriously am reconsidering my decision to behave myself because if I get my way, I have a feeling it isn't going to be too good for you."