41 | new people, new problems

[Two days before the Great Summit]

"Mariah, would you be a dear and head the planning committee of the summit? We have far more important responsibilities to be bothered with something trivial as such." 

Lysandra found herself halting near Seraphine's bed chamber door when she heard Maevis speak strangely. Before she could ponder, Seraphine's loud laughter reached her ears.

"She said the exact same thing?" she seemed to be asking her dearest friend.

"Word by word," Maevis vouched. "She doesn't even remember my fucking name, Sera!"

"My God!" Seraphine began giggling again and Lysandra couldn't hold it in any longer. She barged in and asked them what they were joking at. 

"Oh, your mother thought it best to drop some oh-so-great responsibilities upon a crucial being like me." Irritation and sarcasm rolled off of Maevis's tongue. 

Lysandra rolled her eyes. For someone with her character, she was too remarkably whiny, sometimes seeming childish even. "Suck it up, buttercup. Don't snivel like an annoying kid."

"Why you- "

Seraphine smacked her forehead and groaned, stretching her hands to stop the two of them from biting each other's ears off. "Enough. Please don't start arguing again. We've got lot of work to do. Emperor Akikazu is here."

Lysandra averted her attention towards Seraphine and raised her hands up in surrender. Maevis grunted before backing off as well. 

"Nikolaus talk to you again?" Seraphine asked Lysandra who shook her head as to say no.

"That brat Avgustine is always around. We aren't in a position to take a risk. Besides, I don't think telling him about our whole plan is a good idea. I told him we would stop my father and that Russia would always be ruled by them and he promised us one-fourth of Russian army in case of a war and that is where our deal ends."

"For once I agree with blondie," Maevis affirmed, patting the steely-eyed bellator's shoulder rather brashly.

"What about Nyo? Is she on board?"

"Yep, she positively promised she will make sure there are no snitches who will support Eucarpus gain African front's support. She is with us," Seraphine informed, going through her drawer as if to find something.

"We've got to make a move today," Lysandra stressed and rubbed her forehead, "before my father gets to them. He doesn't trust letters or other sources of communication so, I am positive he will converse with them only in person."

"I already sent a letter which Micky himself delivered," Seraphine waved a folded note in between her fingers, "and here is what I got back."

Today. Thirty minutes past two. In the chapel wing.