Chapter Three

* * *

 A small gasp had escaped Sage when Jade came in with the pup, and nobody could've guessed how she would've reacted. And neither Remus nor Jade could understand if it was happy or sad tears that graced the room with that strong salty smell.

"Sage, do you want to meet Hardin?" Her eyes continued to blink at the small pup who was cuddling close to his mama. And so with another moment of debate, Sage nodded and held out her hands to hold the child.

Remus was highly conflicted, when reading the bond it was a mixture of worry and jealousy. And that wasn't a trait that was ever found with Sage.

Or it had been in her early weeks when her speech wasn't as officiant as it is now, however Jade was all too happy to pass her lil pup into the arms of Sage. And although he was slightly fussy, he conformed naturally into her hold.

Her wolf purred down to the pup, and she received a small toothy grin, babbles here and there. But ultimately he was rightly set on relaxing in a new person's hold.

"Huh..." Harlow chuckled, causing Jade to flick his ear. It was enough of a reaction to cause Remus to turn his attention to the couple and question it.

"Hardin is usually wary of new people," Jade explained, and Haylee felt rightly worried as the pup hadn't responded as well to her. Even when she was related to him by blood.

"Ah, Sage is a pup whisperer."
"I help lil pup when he was crying under table at Christmas party. He can't...Couldn't find mom." Jade was completely giddy once again as she went to go sit on Harlows lap. Though there was conversation, mostly between Harlow and Haylee to catch up on everything. One of which Hayes found himself involved in as well.

As for Sage, she was completely infatuated with the pup in her arms. Giggling along with him, tickling him. And by the time noon rolled around the little pup turned hungry, causing him to assume that he could just ask to be fed.

And he tried to latch himself onto Sage's breasts. But she knew what he was getting at, so she carefully pried him away—But Harlow caught what his son was doing and let his head fall back and laughed.

"He did it to Sage too!" He called out, and Sage turned to look at everyone around her. She had been sitting on the floor with Hardin playing with his toys and doting on him, but now she just held him arms length away attempting to stop his obsessive want.

"Pup hungry?" She questioned, and Jade hurried to the kitchen to warm him up a bottle. Which allowed Harlow to take him from Sage, she smiled up to the Alpha and he smirked.

"He tried that on me too."
"Funny pup." It had been the joke of the afternoon to try and pet Sage, but as she was cleaning up the toys around her she caught his hand as he attempted to do the same.

"You want to keep hand, you not pet me."

"Better watch it son, she has a nasty bite," Hayes called out, and Remus cautiously reminds him that was meant to remain a secret. "A nasty bite and she paints?"
"Haylee show you my painting?" Sage questioned, being fairly comfortable on the floor beside her mate.

"Yup, it's in our dining room in a frame." Drake said, and it gained him her attention. Which was the perfect time for him ask about the Luna fight.

And Sage turned to put her chin on her knees, she acted very much like a teenager. Making Haylee think that the witches got the ages wrong, but the way she would change emotions so quickly was simply her means of expression.

"I not proud of that."
"What? Why not? Haylee showed me, I think it was awesome." Sage shook her head as she shot a glance to Remus beside her, leaning her head to his knee and blinked silently towards Drake.