Chapter Thirty-Eight

* * *

The party went well into the night, and the Alpha couple was thriving. Ignorant to the brewing plan beneath them, they spent the rest of the night socializing with those around them.

Course Luke and the rest of the Elwoods came over and became a little emotional. Especially Leo, her adopted father, who was starting to feel the strain of being the father of a mated daughter.

Her brothers, on the other hand, were massively protective of her and the pup. They all offered their time, and while Elenor was a little saddened that she herself wasn't expecting a pup, she didn't have the stress and expectations Sage does.
In end, she found herself happy and relieved.

The day wasn't over for Sage, Remus was prepared to pamper her to the high heavens and carried her over the threshold as she started walking slower than usual.

"How about I run you a bath? Then we can watch a movie in bed."
"No mating?"
"Well I was trying to make a surprise, but you look like you need a hot bath hun." She nodded in agreement, not that she did all that much—But her body felt exhausted from standing and socializing the entire night away that she moaned in the tub.

Remus was tempted on joining her after hearing her purr like that, she must really need the soak. He braced himself as he knew she wasn't going to stay in the bath all that long, and he was right. After his shower, he positioned himself on the bed in normal shorts and a shirt as he held another stuffed bear in his arms—One he had to hide away for the last few days.

Being in a robe she squealed, coming closer to tackle both him and the bear.

"New bear?" She said, rising back onto her knees as she felt the simple bliss of today.
"Hmm, Birdie and some other friends sent you birthday presents." An adorable little gasp escaped her, and she smiled at her mate.

"Open later, I want you."
"You have me. All you want." Goddess, was he not prepared for her to pounce. Though he couldn't be all that surprised, she has been giving him a starved expression since the near end of the party. Craving his embrace, his warmth, and his sheer dominance caused her to rip of his shirt.

Leaving the new bear tumbled off the bed and to the floor, completely forgotten.

And in all but a second did she notice her next surprise.
Right there on his chest was the fresh markings of another tattoo. A Crescent Moon with the pattern of a Sage flowers shaded in it, they joked previously that he should get a tattoo in 'her spot' and he did just that.

"You get another tattoo?"
"Happy birthday Sage." And he leaned forward to lock their lips together, it was a long drag as Sage wanted to savor the moment, as did her mate.

But their patience was short-lived once Remus' noticed her eyes turned black, and his pooled in the same possessed way as before. Though they didn't shift, this was a skin celebration and there was no need to mate in fur.

Even if Sage was always opened to doing so.

They didn't make it under the covers, they could've if they wanted to—None of this was rushed as they found themselves living in the moment.

Leaving the moment anything but short, Sage's back arched as she found her release, and Remus sunk his canines back into her neck once more.
Earning him a guttural moan and a blushing mate.

Sage was left in a pleasing state that she could hardly think, a smile growing on her face every once in a while as she pressed her cheek right on his chest, gazing at the new ink.

Another shiver of content rang through, and Remus smirked behind her ear and hummed. Sage matched his tune with her own cord, and soon she rose her head.