Chapter Thirty-Two

* * *

Remus still had one more full day to complete with the Alpha's meeting, at least the lectures were done and it was more of a chance for them to mingle with other leaders.

But he found himself staying beside his allotted group of friends. When Sage said to not cause any fights, his wolf agreed with his female. Starting trouble would follow him down the same road as his father. And at the prospect of Sage being targeted was already causing goosebumps to form on his arms.

There weren't many males who dared come near him either, they all gave him weary looks. And no matter what the witches had said about the bounty hunter being there on his own will or on an actually paid mission, it made everyone suspicious in his eyes.

And when he told his surrounding group of Alphas, they were outraged. Questioning why he was even here, and he simply replied 'Sage told me to come,' and they understood there was no going around that. Or for the most part, Issac kept pushing the sense that Remus had a viable excuse for missing this but didn't take it.

In a few states over, Sage was enjoying herself on the porch with a tea in hand. But the mug isn't as hot as it started out, and there was more than half still in the glass.

She was distracted and nobody could understand why, her wolf was trying to tell her something—And while she did tell the witches about Raven and everything she saw in the labs and taking her elsewhere, there was something else bothering her still.

It tied to a smell, and she was worried about the idea of another infection. Kenzie checked her over and all the poison from the bear trap had been expelled, so they categorized it as being anxious.

"Auntie Sage...?" The voice popped up and Sage turned to the small pup who was trying to get up to the other chair, so the Luna had placed her tea on the table and brought the little pup into her lap.

"What's wrong, Ara?" Ara, oh the little girl adored the nickname from her auntie. And here she had so many friends to play with that she didn't want to leave, and Sage's wolf was feeling it as well.

"I don't wanna go to Greys Hallow, I want to stay here Cres Moon." Sage smiled and nuzzled her cheek down towards the pup. "But your daddies are waiting to meet you, they're so excited." She said, trying her best to be convincing.

As of yet, they were the only ones who wanted Arabella, course Camilla would've taken her—But Casey is still a pup and Arabella needed the full attention, something Mrs.Elwood couldn't give her at this time.

Sage almost asked Remus to adopt her, but it was Blake that said Alpha couples aren't usually the ones to adopt. Going into full explanation on bastard children, step-siblings...The works.

So while Alpha's might have children elsewhere, there was never any adopting. Not unless there was a blood relation. It was at the means of keeping a pack's Alpha in reign of the territory they've had for generations.

That Eli and Jack's fathers had been the former Beta and Delta.

It was the everlasting cycle, and it made her stomach flutter at the idea of carrying an Alpha pup. The pressure was already there, not even having to listen to the elder wolves in the pack.

"What if my daddies don't want me?" Sage's wolf whined out to the little pup and shook her head. "When I tell your daddys about a pup who needed a home, they start crying because they're so happy...And they're making you a bedroom with toys."
That seemed to settle her for now, and while it seemed double productive that Sage was babysitting a pup when the Luna has required a babysitter as well seemed easy enough.