Chapter Fifty-Seven

* * *

In the other room, however, Sage found herself carefully approaching a she-wolf who was being tested on the ability to regrow limbs. And from what she was told, they weren't done—As their plans were to continue to take each limb. Which caused Kenzie to scoff this way and that, as they made supernatural beings so majestic to regrow limbs and or organs.

The she-wolf was older than the pup, perhaps even older than Sage. She recalled that she was a member of the Moonridge pack, and another she-wolf she recalled was in her room the last time she was awake was from the same pack.

Meaning that Sage needed to make a call to Alpha Kendal, but that would be after they account for everyone—Including the witches.

It moved rather quickly, the number of wolves starting to wake up. And after Sage had come into the room, Remus trickled in and introduced himself, repeating the same thing as his mate. That they were safe and would get the best treatment they could to ensure they return to normal.

There were a lot of tears to be shared, many filled with thanks and blessings. And what felt like such a dark and damned sense of dread, that it was hard to feel any hope in the room. But it was there, goddess, was it there.
Especially when Sage returned back to the room with Levi, who was drawing away with Luke.

And Sage gave her charge that all-knowing smile, before making her way back to her brother and the pup.

"Sagey!" He cheered, and Sage hummed as she sat beside him. Levi looked so very small in the center of the bed, and the borrowed clothes from a younger pup had made her feel uncomfortable.

But she supposed that is what she looked like before.

"Having fun with Luke?" She questioned, and the pup nodded along before showing up his drawing. It's been so long since he held a crayon, but he worked very well in following instructions—Meaning he was halfway done with the color in flower he wanted to make her.

"Very pretty."
"You."
"That's me?" He shook his head and tapped it. "I keep coloring." Luke felt his lip twitch up, it was such a shift to see Sage take his position for a pup in need.

Though his wolf was very adamant in leaving the room, similar to what Blake was trying to tell him.

"Elenor came in for a few minutes. I think he only trusts you right now, Sage." It was no secret that she's a pup whisperer, but given the fact that she's carrying a pup and holding such a sweet scent right alongside her Luna title. It made her the perfect person for Levi to trust, as well as the handful of others she met on her rounds.

The Alpha hadn't made another appearance to return to Levi, he was busy sorting through how to explain this find to the council without incriminating themselves. And as they did just that, Sage's prison number continued to taunt him on the sticky note.

"That pup is pretty cute, Alpha. Sage might try and take him home." Jack teased, and Remus felt his eyes close shut. He was beyond tired, and all he wants is to curl up beside his pregnant mate but there was so much to do that he downed the rest of his coffee and entered the damn number into the computer.

And of course, her file popped up.

Eli hadn't clue what had gotten into his Alpha, but the redness circling around his eyes suggested that he either found something awful or the council already ordered their punishment.

But it was the first, and the fur growing skin side up was what worried Eli the most. It caused the beta to ditch his own report and peek at what the Alpha was up to, and of course, it was worse than hell itself.