Chapter Fifty-Three

* * *

What Sage also wasn't prepared for was the excitement in the pack, they yelled their cheers in support of their Alpha. While Harlow reigned in on his father to lay it on Remus, reiterating the plan of not holding back.

And then a smile escaped Sage, her heart warmed in understanding to this tradition. Goddess, she felt hot just by looking at how her mate was fighting for his so-called 'right' for her.

"Hmm, that's how I felt out too," Haylee whispered to her sister, while Luke started to grow uncomfortable at the thought. But he managed to bite back his comment as this is what sisters do—Or he thought this is what sisters do anyway.

Harlow on the other hand was smirking up a storm while studying the fighting style of Remus. "Don't hurt him too bad-ly." Sage pouted up to him, and with that, he too wrapped an arm much like Haylee was doing.

Leaning to lock his head on top of hers. "He has a lot to answer for, Hera." Luke glanced back at the three reigning Alpha children and smiled, it was a bittersweet moment. Even with the commotion happening around them.

So to give his Alpha a bit of confidence he threw in his own roar of approval.
Making Sage giggle.

When the fight was over, either wolf huffed at one another—patches of skin missing from their fur coat. But then Remus let out a laugh as he shifted back.

"I see where Sage gets the black coat from, huh?" A proud grin rose out Hayes as he took the offered clothes from those around him, though he would be shifting back to run with Sage in a bit.

"Need a minute there, Alpha?" Harlow chuckled. It was safe to say that Remus was never going to be used to this family relation between the Mystic Heirs.

Even if his mate was indeed one of them. Hera.

Goddess, his wolf loved the sound of her name, but Sage was right...Why wasn't her name Hera instead?
It would've been easier to find her family when she and her brothers escaped to Mystic Grimm.

Hayes tapped out and Harlow rose his arms out, sure he wasn't on his own home grounds. But he loved the energy of Crescent Moon.

"Done a lot of good things here Remus, better keep it that way. She's not just your mate anymore."
"I think you're more upset about hiding the pup fro—"
"Yes I am. Because now I'll have to hear it from my own mate for not knowing sooner!" Sage found herself giggling again at the taunts, it wasn't anything mean and Harlow wasn't that awful against Remus.

But it still felt great to cuddle against her father, and a part of Hayes' wolf was whining at the thought that Willow might still be out there—Better yet, Sage took her appearance more than his own.

Her black raven hair, her piercing eyes. Pairing it with a devious smile that managed to chill him to the bone. Willow could be vicious when she wanted to be, and their daughters surely inherited that.

"Okay?" Sage whispered up to her dad, and he chuckled. "Yeah, yeah little wolf I'm okay." Her nose hitched, grumbling that she wasn't a 'little wolf' and Haylee shot her dad an amused look.

"Dad always has nicknames for us, better get used to it."
"Little wolf not nickname, I'm not little." Sage debunked and he growled at that notion.

"I was also not expecting to be a grandfather again so soon after Hardin. So excuse this poor old man's heart, Bubbles."
"Bubbles?" She questioned and he hummed in confirmation.

"Wow, real original. Harlow's Bubs and I'm Bobo." Of course, it didn't really click for her that this was another tradition in the family. That Hayes and Willow had nicknames for each other, similar to Remus' 'munchkin' title for her.