Chapter Thirty-Five

* * *

Sage was beyond nervous. 

While Kelly had planned half the ceremony. She and her females, in addition to Luke, had managed to plan the rest. Not that it was difficult, it was just the combined stress in knowing how important and special this even is to the pack.
It's considered to be a milestone for pups, them shifting into fur first time.

She was going to ask what it was going to be like for her pup, but she wouldn't have to wait all that long since her pup would be able to shift between skin and fur within a month after the birth.

Remus explained that if a normal she-wolf gave birth in fur then the pup wouldn't be strong enough to shift that young. Usually, it would end in death and that scared her beyond reason, but there was little chance of that happening for them. Sage had enough Alpha blood in her for the both of them, but in combination—Their pup was gaining a larger percentage than normal.

Sage wouldn't be allowed to leave the house until either Eli or Jack were with her—It was so that either could check if they could smell the pup.

Kenzie said it would happen in the next couple of days to a week, but as of yet, there was nothing giving the development away. Except for the rather protective nature that Eli claimed Remus had before, and Jack only recited what he said before.

That and Arabella being obsessed with Sage.

Sage's job in training the Rogue was done from a distance, as it was easy to admit that she wasn't cleared for sparring—A small white lie, but she was eager to see them again after not having visited in a week.

Tonight was the pup ceremony, and the Luna was more than excited. While she wanted to spend her free time before it with Remus, he pushed her to go with Blake back home and have lunch. All in the promise that he'd meet her in a bit.

Blake of course knew what was happening, Sage held grudges and he had a feeling that anything involving Kelly would be high on the list of making her angry. But she was giddy, and it wasn't that hard to figure out the difference.

And if it wasn't clear enough, when he asked what Sage wanted for lunch—She asked for French fries and a peanut butter sandwich, and he could feel his own gag reflect start to rise up as he watched her put the fries on the sandwich.

When Remus came home, Blake said he was lucky he didn't have to witness what he had. "What?"
"Sage put fries on her sandwich." He said with a shiver of disgust, but ultimately he returned back with a smirk.

"So, when's the pup going to be here?" Blake asked cautiously while preparing for a dish that he was going to take to the pup ceremony. And Remus' head darted from Blake back to Sage.
Had she told him by accident?

"I don't say anything!" She shouted, and it was clear that there was no way to hide it now. "How you know?" Sage mumbled behind her risen knees, but Remus sat down beside her and placed a hand to his knee before taking a fry from the basket before her.

"Rogue nose remember?... And you hate peanut butter." She huffed, and in an un-Sage-like manner, she groaned into the air. "I can't keep secret."
"Nah hun you can, he just guessed...Do the other—"
"Sure they do, Rogue never go after pregnant wolves. Not unless they're really sick. Actually, that's why the she-wolves were crowding you today." She pouted her lip and looked to Remus in a sense of an apology, but it wasn't her fault.

A Rogue's nose is significantly different.

The couple was kind of giddy to share the news now that Blake found out before needing to tell anyone else. He thought it was adorable to see Sage so happy and excited, and the former rogue couldn't help but feel elated for the couple.