Chapter Fourteen

* * *

 Sage had healed a bit more over the course of the next two days, but it was clear she wasn't able to help any more than viewing. And while she missed Luke's fight, she was present for the others and was rather impressed with what she saw.

Remus didn't take home his own bear this year, which Sage was slightly disappointed in that regard. But she was too tired to argue. Having settled in the small camp made her forget that they weren't on pack land.

And sooner than she would've liked, they were back on the road with half the bus filled with wolves, while the other half would be staying and waiting for the next shipment of those who wanted to experience the trip themselves.

Sage had been rightly grumpy as her arm was still in the mix of healing. So they returned back to their truck and he settled a pillow into his lap for her to rest her head in.

"How are you feeling hun?"
"Head hurts, I'm okay." He sighed once again, hoping that it was just her fear of leaving wolves one place and traveling back home without them.

In his distress, he started to speed.
And much like the Alpha in him, he cursed at forgetting the human laws surrounding them. Eyeing the flashing red and blue lights in the rearview mirror, he growled. Causing Sage to whine in response.

"Sage hun, I need you to listen to me very carefully. These humans are telling me to pull over, remember what Ellie said about humans?"
"Like the restaurant?" She whispered, and it was clear that she was both in pain and tired. But he managed to pull over and leave the truck to a stop.

"If they ask you any questions Sage, just say you took some Tylenol for the headache." He whispered, and she nodded while holding the pillow in her lap now as she saw the human knock on the window.

"Morning officer." Remus greeted, having rolled down the window and allowed Sage's nose to get get a whiff of these humans. And it was rather distasteful if she had to admit to it.

"Do you know how fast you were going, son?"
"I'm sorry sir, but my wife's migraine was getting pretty bad, we were trying to make it to the hospital." The officer took a look at Sage now with suspicion, Remus knew how this would look.

Sage looked younger than she actually is, and being loopy in pain would only make the officers assume she was drugged. "Are you alright, miss?"
"I'm okay, there's just a spike in my head." She whispered, but it didn't whisk away their cation on the situation.

"License and identification." The officer ordered, and Remus went to the glove box to produce the car's information, his license, and Sage's passport.

"You don't know how to drive Mrs?"
"No, not yet, but I'll learn soon." She said, her eyes fluttering just a bit as Remus knew she was trying to stay awake and manage the conversation.

"Can you step out of the car son?" Sage's eyes looked off towards him, and he simply held her thigh with a tight squeeze. "Close your eyes hun, I'll be right back." The officer on Sage's side had caught her happy smile before she leaned in her seat further.

"You have any water to drink, sweetheart? My wife gets migraines too. Damn awful."
"Yeah, Remmy said the Tylenol and water will help." The officer nodded off to his partner, finally getting the story as the girl didn't look entirely drugged. And when given her passport it did aid the case.

"Don't think your wife will be all too happy about this ticket son, better take it easy now."
"Thank you, sir." Remus said, taking the fee slip and returning to the car. And once the two officers had left, Sage burst into tears.

"Hey...Hey, Munchkin it's alright. Those are like our warriors, right? They make sure the laws are being followed." He already linked the bus and decided on the closest dinner for them to stop at, making it easier for all of them to meet up.