Chapter Fifty-Nine

* * *

With the idea of the pup coming soon, Remus was more attentive and asked frequently if she was alright or if it was time. But Sage didn't have an answer, her wolf was silent and so she pushed it as an assumption that she's resting for the actual birth.

Sage's attitude didn't wavier, course she called Jade the following morning and explained that the pup would be coming earlier—Which left the Luna of Mystic Grimm to repeat the same advice from before.

Of course Sage trusted her wolf, but when Remus found his mate crying on the couch in the company of Camilla and Elenor. It was clear that Sage wasn't completely honest in her fears.

"What if I do wrong? Don't want to hurt pup..." She croaked out the question, and while Camilla tried to push her worries, it was clear that none of their words were helping. Camilla had given birth in skin, it wasn't the same nor would Sage have Remus in the den with her.

It was for the Luna to have privacy and not have to worry about snoopers getting near the den. Remus would be outside to protect them, but that meant the pressure was on Sage, and this idea of relying on 'instinct' didn't sound all that natural to her.

"Munchkin...You are going to do just fine. The pup isn't going to get hurt, and if something is really wrong we'll bring them to the infirmary. But this lil pup in here is an Alpha, they're stronger than you're giving them credit for. And you're an Alpha female, you wouldn't intentionally hurt the pup. So we're going to go sit on the exercise ball and practice your breathing, sound good?" It had been a tiring day for him as well, he hated that he left this enormous issue on his Beta and Delta right before the pup is going to be born.

But his mate needed him more, and either could feel the stress circulating the couple. Which allowed them to plan for it better, though Sage did make it a point to visit Blake and Raven.
The witch was still very weak, as were the rest of the former captives.

Aurelia had seen that they were used as blood bags for the most part—Much like Sage had in her time in the cage, but in a different way.
The tube scars were different than the bite marks, there were only three male witches among the group, and they were usually blood bags for the supernatural world. All of whom had these scars, as well as a select few females. But Raven and others had direct bite marks lingering on their body, meaning that blood tests were necessary.

Blake hadn't left Raven's side since, whether it was in skin or fur. He would curl up on her hospital bed and endure the infirmary smell to be able to be with her.

And Sage thought it was so sweet.
After her breakdown and Remus' support, she felt better, empowered.
So with the help of her females, Sage managed to collect dozens of flowers to put into the patient's rooms.

Though she added a bit more kiddish features for Levi's, and the pup has hardly calmed down since being free. But nobody blamed him, however, since he was still considered a rogue—It was dangerous in allowing him to leave without some supervision.

Or without gaining some proper strength and energy, but his vitals were growing and his appetite for real food was kicking in.
He was a growing boy after all.

Three days passed.
Then two.
Then another three.

And the pup had not come yet, which sent Remus in a downwards spiral—The estimated time had been next week. But with the suggestion of it being early, it pumped a new wave of confusion into the air.

But Kenzie claimed that a pup dictated their own time, and it was better for them to be completely ready than premature.

And while Sage wasn't entirely bothered, the next few days seemed to drag on. Her regular habits of taking walks with Levi outside with her and her army of protection —since Blake was with his mate—had been put on hold for her to relax and rest.