Chapter 35| I can't live without you

After school, I went home to go get ready quickly. If I'm going to confess my love for him I think I should look hot. I put on an army green shirt with high waisted jeans. I quickly apply a coat of pink lipstick and storm out of my house and into my car.

As I pull into his driveway I see it empty. No surprise. I carefully close my door and rush to the door. I pound loudly on the door. After a minute the door swings open and we make eye contact. "Selena-"

I push past him and walk into his house. He closes the door and I catch him looking me up and down.

"So you just unexpectedly decide to wear contacts today and dress hot? Grayson, I'm not stupid." I rest my hands on my hips.

He furrows his eyebrows and says, "You came to my house to argue with me?"

I ignore his question and take a deep breath. "Did you mean what you said on the Ferris wheel? That you're falling in love with me?"

His cheeks turn pink and he breaks eye contact. "I don't think that we should be talking-"

"Do you love me or not, Grayson?" I cut him off, raising my voice.

He stays quiet which answers my question. The air starts to feel thick and the tension is starting to get awkward. He walks over to me and cups my face with his hands. We stare into each other's eyes and my heart is beating out of my chest.

"I love you, Selena Rojas. Even if you don't feel the same way, I'm in love with you. I can't imagine living without you." He confesses.

The tension disappears and everything feels at peace.

I put my hands on his wrists and smile. He leans in and our lips meet. His lips feel warm against mine. He starts soft and we're both wanting more. He presses himself harder against me and I press my hands on his chest. I pull away and chuckle when I see the smudged pink color all over his mouth.

"I am in love with you, Grayson Taylor. I was just afraid to admit it to myself because I didn't want to get hurt like last time. But I know you. I know you're not going to hurt me." I quickly see the sparkle in his eyes reappear. His smile widens and I feel my smile do the same.

"Say it again." He beams.

I laugh and say, "I love you, Grayson. I can't live without you."

He pulls me to him by my waist, smashing his lips onto mine. I rest my hands on his neck and he starts kissing down my neck. We start moving over to his and he lays me down on his couch.

I lay flat on my back as he hovers over me. He lays between my open legs and starts kissing down my neck. He starts to tug at my shirt and I nod at him. He pulls my shirt off and I feel the cool air hit my chest. He kisses along my chest which makes me let out a small moan. I put my hand over my mouth and can't believe what sound came out of my mouth.

He finally meets my lips again, then he whispers, "It's my turn to make you feel good."

I put my hand on his arm and pant out, "Wait." He looks up at me and I tell him, "That isn't going to work for you."

He comes back up, still hovering over me. "Oh."

"Let me make you feel good then." I try to get up but he pushes me down again.

"If I can't you can't, as much as I hate to say it."

I playfully roll my eyes and he rests his head against my bare chest with only my bra covering me from going nude from the mid-torso up.

I run my hands through his hair when I ask him, "How'd you know you were in love with me?"

Our heavy breathing is synced and he finally responds by saying, "My mom kept talking about you visiting me at the hospital when I woke up. She kept saying how much she appreciated you and then I realized you were special if my mom liked you that quick. I fell even harder when you helped me through the recovery process and you were so patient with me on crutches. I think you inviting me for Christmas dinner was when I knew for sure. We weren't dating yet so I decided to keep it to myself for a while."

The smile on my face can't seem to disappear. I didn't realize that he was falling in love during those times.

"And when I saw you on the Ferris wheel, clutching to me like a kid, I couldn't help but blurt it out. I knew you weren't ready and I should've never said it but now I'm glad I did. I felt like such a dick after you ran off and I regretted not chasing after you. I thought I could get your attention with my 'new look' and it worked."

"You looked hot," I admit. "Gen said I was basically drooling over you, which didn't surprise me."

I look around the living room, still running my hands through his hair. "You sure your parents won't walk in on us."

He mumbles a quick 'yes'. He wraps his arms around my torso. "Can I ask you a question?"

I nod.

"Are you going to wait another year for us to have sex?"

My eyes slightly widen at his question. I know he can hear the rapid increase in my heartbeat. I gulp. I didn't really think much about it.

"Eager to do it already?" I joke.

"Just a question." He says flatly.

"It won't happen in a year but it's not going to happen any time soon." I simply state.

"I can live with that." He hums.

I couldn't imagine having sex for the first time with anyone else. I feel safe with Grayson. Besides, it's our first time for both of us. It's pretty obvious.