Chapter 8| Weird feeling

"What's up with the hair?"

I slightly close my locker and immediately feel speechless. "I got it done at the salon over the weekend."

"I like it." Grayson warmly smiles.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Calvin walk right past us. There goes my chance.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry. I just totally cock blocked you two." Grayson smacks his forehead.

I chuckle and close my locker shut. "You didn't. I'll explain it all later. I gotta get to class and so do you."

He nods and I start walking towards the English hallway. When I finally get to that hallway it's nearly empty. Fuck I better not be late. As I start to pick up the pace I feel someone grab my wrist. I spin around and lock eyes with Calvin. Great.

"What the fuck was that over there?" He asks. His tone sounds harsh and cold.

I pull back my wrist and clench my jaw. "Not now I'm about to be late."

"Late for what?"

"For class!" I turn back around and start rushing to my class at the end of the hallway.

As soon as I step foot in the classroom the bell rings and I sigh in relief. I walk over to the back of the class and sit in my assigned seat. Scarlett smiles at me and she compliments my hair.

***
I start walking back to my car after school and I see Calvin leaning against it from afar. He notices me when I get closer and I start getting nervous again.

"Hey," I say as I get closer, pulling out my keys.

He stays silent and I already feel myself getting annoyed. I unlock the car and he doesn't move.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Am I okay? I saw my girlfriend talking to the one guy I don't feel comfortable her being around earlier. Then when I tried talking to her she completely walked away." He raises his voice.

I scoff, "You're still calling me your girlfriend after you completely ghosted me this weekend? You could've at least texted a smiley face or something! And why are you acting like it's my fault? I'm not the insecure guy who doesn't seem to trust his girlfriend!"

He grabs my wrist and slightly tightens his grip. "You know I don't like you around him, Selena!"

"Calvin you're hurting me." I whimper.

He looks down at my wrist and lets it go. I look down at the red markings and look up at him. "What the hell is wrong with you? I feel like I don't even know you anymore."

"What the hells wrong with me? I'm not the one cheating on their partner." He scoffs back.

"I'm not cheating on you! God Calvin, you can't stand the fact that my tutor just so happens to be a guy? Genevieve was right. You are so insecure about all of this." I roll my eyes.

"Insecure? I'm insecure? Are you even listening to yourself?!"

"What's going on here? Selena are you okay?"

Fuck.

Now is not the time.

Calvin and I both look towards Grayson and I feel my blood run cold. I look over at Calvin who begins to shake his head no while laughing to himself.

What if I cry? If I cry will they leave me alone?

"Of course you would interrupt us!" Calvin laughs.

I need Grayson out of here now before things get worse.

"I wasn't talking to you. Selena are you okay?" He gets closer and looks down my hands.

He looks down at my wrist and clenches his jaw. "Did you hurt her?!"

"Butt out of this. Do you think you can just step in here and save the day? News flash nerdy boy, you'll get your ass kicked before you even blink." Calvin taunts.

"Calvin stop it," I say loudly. I step towards Grayson and give him a reassuring look. "You need to get out of here. I'll explain later but please get out of here."

"You're in the school parking lot, everyone can hear your argument." He reminds me.

Great.

"Please," I whisper.

He sighs and takes a last look at Calvin who is slowly turning red. I watch as he walks away and sigh in relief. I turn back around and push Calvin out of the car door.

"We're done," I say. "I don't even know you anymore, Calvin!"

I had to cancel my tutoring session today. Ever since I broke up with Calvin I've just felt completely drained. How could he put his hands on me like that? 

I can't even think straight. I haven't told Genevieve. I thought I'd be ready to tell her everything but I don't even feel like doing it.

Is this how heartbreak feels like?

Calvin was my first serious boyfriend. I thought we would end up married or something. I haven't felt any tears streaming down my face. Maybe I just can't process this.

I'm completely drained and I feel empty. But no tears are coming out.

I hear knocking at my door and I shout at them to come in. Cora peeks her head in and she looks around the darkroom. The only light in my room is coming from the tv that's playing Netflix.

"Someone's at the door for you." She says.

"How important are they?" I mope.

"It's Calvin." She rolls her eyes.

"What?" I shoot up from my bed and quickly turn on the light. I stare at myself in the mirror and my makeup looks the same.

"Tell him to come up. I don't feel like leaving my room." I tell her.

She huffs and closes the door. A minute later Calvin walks through the door and closes it behind him. I stay by my vanity and take a deep breath.

"What are you doing here?" I ask harshly.

"I'm sorry." He blurts out.

Sorry? That's it? Sorry? He puts his hands on me and thinks a Sorry will do?

"I didn't know what the hell happened to me in that parking lot. I've never gotten that mad before." He chokes. "Selena you know I would never hurt you. The second I realized I did I wanted to punch myself over and over. I'm so sorry."

"You can't just say sorry and expect me to forgive you like that." I snap my fingers. "I'm sorry but I don't think we can be together anymore."

"Please." Hs steps closer to me and I tense up. "I'll go back to who I was a year ago. No more arguing. I'll stop being so jealous of Grayson. I don't care about any of that. I just want us to be together."

He takes my hands and I feel how cold his hands are. I look down at our hands and take a deep breath.

"We have to go slow. How will I know you won't hurt me again?" I look up into his blue eyes.

He breathes out through his nose and nods. "We'll take things slow."

I nod back and a weird feeling rushes over me.

"I love you, Selena." He whispers.

I can't speak. I feel speechless. He looks at me with a furrowed eyebrow and I take a deep breath.

"I-I-I love you too, C-Calvin." I say hesitantly.

He smiles and kisses my forehead.

What the fuck just happened?