Chapter 46| A new glow

I slowly wake up to the sound of my phone going off. I reach over to the nightstand to turn it off. I quickly glance at it and see my phone flooded with text messages from Genevieve. I slightly laugh and put my phone on mute.

"Who was that?" Grayson mumbles with his eyes still closed.

I turn back around to face him. "Gen." I tuck my right arm under my pillow.

Even half asleep he still looks peaceful. His hair is all over his forehead so I quickly swoop it away with my hand. He smiles, taking my hand in his.

"How are you feeling?" He asks then kisses my hand.

"Sore." I sigh. "But it isn't anything serious."

"Did last night succeed your expectations?" He lightly rubs his fingers across my arm, sending chills through my body. "I know how important it was to you."

I take a deep breath and admit, "It was probably better, minus the pain."

"How so?" He lightly smirks.

I playfully smack his arm and laugh, "Not the way you're thinking it. I felt more connected to you. It made it ten times better that I did it with someone I'm in love with and someone I have lots of trust in."

"Everything I felt last night with you was one of the best feelings ever." He places a strand of my hair behind my ear, "You make me go crazy, Sel."

Small rays of sunlight shine through the blinds, making Grayson almost look glowing. I do think last night did bring us closer together. He's seen me and my worst and at my best. He's seen my bare body without any judgment in the world. He was there for me before we even started dating.

"I love you, Grayson Taylor." I run my fingers through his messy hair.

"I love you more, Selena Rojas."

After a few minutes of reminiscing about our love for each other and looking into each other's life, we finally snap back into reality.

"We should get going." I hum, "And I need to cover up these hickeys."

I start to get up and feeling the pain coming from my private area. I hiss, biting on my lip as I scoot over to the edge of the bed. How long does the pain even last?

I try my best to walk normally over to the bathroom but instead it looks like a waddle.

"I need to know everything!" Genevieve exclaims as she walks into my room.

I shush her by putting my hand over her mouth. "Do you want my whole family to know? Shush!"

She rolls her eyes and shuts my door. She hops onto my bed and snuggles up against a pillow. "Alright, I'm all ears."

I plop down next to her and take a deep breath. Last night was- - it was definitely a night to remember.

"I knew you two did it! You have like a new glow to you!" She grins.

"A new glow? Like the type where my parents would notice?" I feel the big lump in my throat come back.

"No," she brushes it off. "it's um nothing. Now tell me everything!"

"Well," I gulp, "I bought uh- - I bought this...set."

"Lingerie?" She nearly gasps.

I shake my head no, "Not exactly. It was um, it was a red lace bra and thong."

I cover my face in embarrassment as Genevieve squeals. She has a big smile painted on her face as she cheers me on.

"Holy shit Selena! Red lace? When the fuck did you guy buy them?! And you went without me?! I could've chosen the perfect set!"

"I went the day before yesterday...right after you left," I mumble the last part.

"You bitch!" She playfully smacks my arm, "I could've told you which ones are better and which aren't!"

She scoffs, tossing her hair over her shoulder. "I cannot believe this! Dear little Selena was deflowered. I've been waiting for this moment since your sex dream about him!"

"Seriously, do you want my family to know everything?" I shush her.

"Sorry!" She whispers. "I'm just so excited for you."

I shift uncomfortably as I feel the soreness again. "When exactly do you stop bleeding?"

Her eyes widen more and this time she grins widely. "Grayson's an animal! He broke your cherry too?"

I smack her arm again, putting my hand over her mouth. "Thin walls, Genevieve. This house has thin walls!"

"Sorry." She rolls her eyes. "And mine lasted three days and a half."

I groan, laying back on my pillow. I place my hands over my stomach, looking straight up at my ceiling. "Are you even supposed to feel shit the first time? I feel like I was focused more on the uncomfortable feeling the whole time."

"It starts feeling good maybe after a few tries. I'm sure Grayson won't mind trying it out until you get it." She winks.

"This close to kicking you out of my house, Genevieve." I lower my fingers into a pinch sign.

"I'm just so happy you finally did it! I feel like a proud mother, even though you're older!" She awes.

I roll my eyes at her, snuggling against a pillow.

"Oh shit, I forgot to tell you!" She curses. "You know how my parents are ecstatic to send me off to New York?"

I nod.

"They want to me send me after graduation. Just for a few weeks so I get a glimpse of what I'll be doing for four years of my life." She explains. "I'll be back just in time for our beach trip, which by the way have you talked to your parents about it?"

"You're leaving me? I thought this summer was going to be our summer!" I pout.

"It's only for a few weeks! After we come back from our beach trip we can hang out all you want." She reassured me, "We can do all the stuff on our bucket list before we're across the country from each other."

As much as this trip is really important to Genevieve, I'll sure miss the hell out of her. We've been friends since middle school and since then we haven't spent probably more than a week apart.

Since she and her little brother didn't get along when she was younger she'd always bring me along on her rich family vacations. And whenever one of us got grounded, we'd spend hours on video calls or phone class with our second phones.

"You know I'll miss you while you're gone, Gen." I softly smile, "But I know how exciting it must be even if you don't want to admit it."

She smiles again and says, "This is why you've always been my best friend, Sel."