Chapter 1| Math tutor

"You wanted to speak to me?" I ask, I raise an eyebrow and lean my hand on the corner of Mr.Riley's desk.

He pushed his clear glasses closer to his eyes and looks up at me with a smile, "Good news! I've found you a tutor to help you with math."

When he told me I needed help with math outside of school I thought he was kidding. I'm perfectly fine with a C- in his class. As long as I pass.

To make him feel better I smile and nod. "Really? Who?"

He runs his finger through the many stacks of paper on his desk, without even fearing of getting a paper cut. He picks a sheet out and scans through it. "Grayson Taylor."

Never heard of him. I raise an eyebrow in confusion, "Who's that?"

He peeks his head from the laptop screen and sets his eyes on someone. "Grayson! Can you come up here for a second?"

A few seconds later a guy awkwardly walks up to his desk and stands a few feet away from me. I quickly look him up and down without him noticing. He has a plain grey hoodie and plain black joggers. He fixes his square-framed glasses and shoves his hands in his pockets.

"Selena, this is Grayson he'll be your math tutor. Grayson this is the lovely young lady I was talking about." He introduces us.

We smile at each other and he sticks out his hand. I quickly shake it and his hand nearly feels like it's been dipped in Icicles.

"You two can sit down now, the class is about to start." He nods and we both make our way back to our seats.

He sits towards the front while I sit at the very back next to Genevieve.

"What was that about?" Genevieve furrows her eyebrows?

"I have a math tutor now." I groan. "You know when he said I should look for help with math after school I thought he was kidding."

"I saw some guy up front next to you. Is he any cute?" She smirks.

"It doesn't matter if he's cute or not, I'm trying to raise my math grade and I have a boyfriend." I chuckle.

"Speaking of Calvin, you guys have plans tonight? If not we could have a girls night." She pouts her lip.

"We're just having dinner but I could cancel if you really want me to." I try to make her feel better.

She shakes her head no and looks ahead, "I wouldn't want to cock block you guys or anything."

I feel my cheeks burning up and I fight away the smile trying to creep onto my lips. "We haven't done anything yet," I whisper.

"Still? I'm shocked! You've really taken this waiting game to a next level."

"Relationships aren't all about that. I told him we could maybe do it for our one year. I'm sure he can wait one more month." I playfully roll my eyes.

After class, I watch as Grayson is the first to leave. I look around the crowded hallway and see the familiar grey hoodie. He shoves books in his locker and I lean against the locker next to his.

"Hi." I smile.

He smiles back and takes out a folder and shoves it in his backpack.

"So uh when do you think we could start...tutoring?" I awkwardly fumble with my hands.

"I'm free whenever." He shuts his locker.

"Tomorrow at the library? Around five?" I ask.

He nods. "See you then."

I watch as he walks away and I look down at my feet. I feel an arm wrap around me and I feel Calvin kiss my cheek.  "Hey, hot stuff."

I smack his arm and feel my cheeks turn pink. "Stop, that's so cringey!"

We give each other a quick kiss and link hands. "We're still on for dinner, right?"

I nod. "Hey, have you seen Gaby today? She hasn't been at lunch for the last few days."

"G-Gaby?" He gulps. "Nope haven't seen her."

Weird.

We walk into Physics and sit next to each other. He rests his hand on my shoulder and I smile.

Scarlett sits across from us and turns around to look at us. "Really guys? You know how much I feel about you guys dating let alone this whole PDA stuff."

I stick my tongue out at her and she laughs.

"Hey Scar, have you seen Gaby lately? I haven't seen her in class for a few days." I furrow my eyebrows.

"She told me she felt a little under the weather but I'm sure it's nothing too bad." She shrugs.

The bell rings and I groan as the teacher walks in. math and physics are my least favorite subjects in the world. I even prefer gym class over them.