Chapter 49| Last party

"I didn't think her party would have this many people." Grayson huffs as we walk along the sidewalk. Looks like we arrived late to Genevieve's party even though it didn't start for another half hour.

I didn't get all ready for this party. I just pulled out a black bodycon dress with small back heels. I put on red lipstick and did subtle makeup.

"Looks like the whole senior class is going to be cramped in Genevieve's house." I look around at all the cars parked along the streets.

Once we start getting closer to the door we see people partying in her front yard. Grayson tightly wraps her arm around me as we pass by a group of guys.

We finally get inside then hear the loud music that makes me want to cover my ears. We push and squeeze our way through the many teenagers dancing and drinking until we reach Genevieve's kitchen.

She's pouring whatever alcohol that is into disposable shot cups.

She looks up at us and her eyes brighten up. "You guys made it!"

We get closer to the kitchen island where she has different drinks spread out. She turns around then sets them on the counter.

She quickly cuts up limes into small pieces. Then she grabs a plate and pours salt onto it.

"Alright," she gulps, handing us each a lime slice. "Lick the back of your hand."

Grayson and I exchange a weird glance then hesitatingly lick the back of our hands. She grabs a pinch of salt and sprinkles it on our hands. She hands us a shot cup in our opposite hands then says, "First you lick the salt off your hand, take the shot, and immediately suck on the lime. If not you might just puke. You guys are first-timers to tequila!"

"I think I'll sit this one-"

"Just one time," I reassure him.

Grayson takes a deep breath as the same time as me. We lick the salt off our hands and quickly chug down the drink in the shot cup. I scrunch my eyes shut as the burning feeling takes over the back of my throat.

I reach for one of the small wedges of limes, squeezing the juice right in my mouth.

I finally open my eyes to see Genevieve with a shocked look on her face. "What?"

"Grayson didn't flinch! No face! No hesitation!" She laughs. "Holy shit. I expected you to be puking or something."

I look over at Grayson, with a smile on my face. I nudge his arm as he chuckles at Genevieve's comment. "My parents left me home alone all the time thinking I didn't know that they kept the drinks in the garage."

"Let's go dance!" I say in his ear. He nods then I take his hand, leading him to a spot where other people are dancing.

We start dancing along to the loud music, mimicking the moves of people around us. I start swaying my hips along to the music as Grayson's hands roam through my body.

"Okay love birds, you two are basically fucking each other with those moves." Genevieve remarks, "Here, it's Malibu which is basically like fruit juice with a semi-string taste, nothing compared to your first shot."

She hands us each a cup, holding out hers too. "Cheers lovebirds."

We chug down the drink that feels nothing like the first bitter shot I had. I finish my drink last, fluttering my eyes as I let the taste set it. "Thanks, Gen, but I don't want to get drunk tonight."

She nods, clapping her hands together. "Well until Everett gets here I'll be in the kitchen."

I pull Gen closer to me and whisper in her ear, "Do you mind if I take Grayson to our spot in your room?"

She smiles warmly, "not at all, just don't have sex in there."

I playfully smack her arm as we burst into laughter. She disappears into the crowd, making me turn back to Grayson.

"Let's go upstairs," I whisper into his ear.

I take Grayson's hand and lead him upstairs. We push past some people when we start walking through the hallway. I open up Genevieve's bedroom, locking the door behind us.

I rush to her window and slide it open.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Taking you to Gen and I's spot, come on," I say as I crawl out the window.

I grab his arm as he crawls out after me.

"So this is where all the gossip happens?" He tries his best to get comfortable in the small space we have.

"Here and in our rooms. Sometimes we didn't even talk we'd just sit in silence and look up at the stars." I look up to see the hundreds of white dots in the sky. "Well at least I would, Genevieve always had something to talk about and I gladly listened."

I hug my legs close to my best as I take in a breath of fresh air.

"Can you believe high school's over now?" I sigh, "Feels like yesterday I was walking into my math class and Mr.Riley telling me I have a math tutor."

"I feel you. I remember I was so nervous even walking up to his desk that day. I mean there was a pretty girl clueless that her math tutor would be a nervous wreck around her every time."

"You were a nervous wreck around me?"

"I swear my hands would be so sweaty and my heart would be beating out of my chest. Sometimes I was even confused about the math homework but I couldn't let you know that I was also confused." He admits, "I guess half of it was that I'd never had a full-on female interaction before and your looks just made it hard to concentrate."

I never knew he felt like that in the beginning. I just thought he was a really shy person.

"Now look at us," I hum, "In a relationship and going into college together."

I won't lie, a part of me was always scared that Grayson and I would fit into that senior couple stereotype. Once we get to college we break up because we're far apart or we meet someone new. But I know that won't happen to us, I've been there for him through so much and he's been there for me for so much too. I think it'd be harder to break up than it would for any other couple.

I stayed with him at the hospital while he was in a coma and we by his side during his recovery. What college girl can compete with that?

After we graduate again I wonder if we'll get married? Maybe have a few kids? Genevieve and I made this dumb promise that we'd get pregnant around the same time so our kids can grow up to be best friends. Maybe we'll be lucky to have different genders so they'll fall in love or something.

I can imagine our wedding. I still can't decide the color theme though. But I can imagine us doing all that adult stuff together.

"Whatcha thinking about?" He pokes my head.

I smile, "What's in store for us in the future."

"You and me both." He sighs.

I rest my head on his shoulder, looking up at the stars. It's bizarre to even think about how crazy my senior year was and now it's over. How anxious I'd get as I waited for Grayson to walk past my locker. And even though I hated math, I'd get butterflies in my stomach when I had a study session with him.

We crawl back inside and I make sure to lock Genevieve's window once I close it. We walk back out to the party and get a few stares as we walk out.

"How much you want to bet people are thinking we fucked in Genevieve's room." Grayson jokes.

"We could've, but Gen would have never forgiven me." I bite down on my lip. "I'm hungry, are you hungry? Scratch that, I'm starving!"

"We've been here for like half an hour, I thought you'd last all night."

"Face it, Gray, we're never going to see half of these people ever again! Going to parties doesn't even seem fun anymore, well at least high school parties."

"How about we get some food then watch a movie at my place or something."

"Deal."