Chapter 26| I missed you

"Are you sure you want to walk in there, Sel?" Genevieve and I stood in front of Grayson's room.

We both stared blankly into the door and Genevieve rests her hand on my shoulder. I gulped and started fidgeting with my hands. "I don't know if I can talk to him after everything I caused."

"You're still blaming yourself for that, Selena?" Genevieve stood in front of me and crossed her arms. "It wasn't your fault."

"It is." I pushed a strand of hair away from my face.

"Grayson's' parents texted me, they're currently down at gift shops. They left him alone specifically for you, Sel." She rubbed my shoulder in a comforting way.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "I can do this."

"It's been almost five minutes, just get in there already," Genevieve gives me a gentle push and pounds on the door.

I gasp, smacking her arm. She smiles and mouths a 'good luck'.

I gave her a small smile before walking into the room. I look back and see Genevieve giving me a thumbs up.

I slowly move away the curtain and Grayson looks towards me. We meet eyes for the first time in a month and all the knots that have been in my stomach start to disappear. His eyes lit up and he smiles at me. I never realized how much I wanted to see him smile for a few weeks now.

I rush over to his side and hug him. I try not to squeeze him too tight but I can't help it. I finally pull away and sit next to him on the small space of the bed.

I feel my eyes start to brim with tears as soon as I remember everything's my fault.

"Grayson I am so sorry for all of this, It's all my fault.
I should've never let you stay to help clean and should've never let you drive home that night! It's my fault you were in a coma and my fault that you almost fucking died-"

"Hey," Grayson grabs my hand, trying to calm me down. "This wasn't your fault, Selena. It was mine, I fell asleep on the road. I caused the crash." He wipes a tear from my face and gives me a reassuring smile.

We sit there in silence but it wasn't awkward it was just...there. I don't even notice that we're still holding hands until I felt Grayson making shapes into my hand with his thumbs. The exact thing I'd do to him.

"My mom told me that you visited me every day?" He looked up at me.

I could feel myself turning red. "I spent the whole month blaming myself for all of this, Grayson, of course, I did."

He blushes and kisses my hand. "What'd I miss?"

"Nothing much. I mostly kept my focus on you." I smile.

I look down at his leg that's still in a cast. "How's your leg?"

"Broken." He says flatly.

He scoots over on the bed and I carefully lay beside him. He wraps his left arm over my shoulder and I rest my head on his chest. I drag my nail against his chest in silence.

"I missed you." I say quietly.

"Me too." He mocks my quiet tone.