Chapter 4| Dreams

"Grayson, I don't understand any of this!" I whine.

He chuckles and goes to the next problem, "Here, this one's easier."

I look down at it and pout, "It looks exactly like the one before it. Can we please take a break?"

"Selena, we've been on 'break' for almost an hour." Grayson sighed.

"I'm sorry. I just have this problem on my mind." I bite my nail.

"Is it a math problem?" Grayson raised an eyebrow.

I chuckle and stop biting my nail, "My friend, Gaby, is pregnant. But my best friend, Genevieve, is telling me to distance myself from her because she thinks Calvin's the dad." I sigh.

"Calvin, as in your boyfriend?" He asks.

I nod and lean on my chair, "I want to be there for Gaby because if I was in her shoes I'd want my friends to be there for me. But Genevieve has had my trust for years and she's never broke it." I start chewing on my nail.

Grayson scoots a little closer and pushes my hand away from my mouth. "Biting your nails is bad for you."

I roll my eyes and rest my hand under my chin.

"What do I do in this situation?" I mumble.

Grayson sighs and leans back on his chair, "Who do you believe? What's your gut telling you?".

"I mean half of it makes sense." I mumbled, covering my face, "Ever since we started dating, Calvin has always tried to take my virginity. I always pushed him off. I want to wait, I want it to be special. But that's what every teenage girl says."

"Believe what your gut tells you, or find out in nine months." Grayson shrugged.

"Thanks, you're such a great help," I say sarcastically.

My eyes meet with Grayson. I stare into his nice hazel eyes. I quickly glance to his lips and back at his eyes. We both start leaning in closer-

"You- - You have a little fuzz on your chin." I quickly make up, swiping my thumb across his chin. "Got it."

If he wasn't looking I totally would smack my forehead right now. What the hell was I thinking?

"You guys were so close!!" Genevieve squealed through the phone.

"Stop. I'm glad it didn't happen. I should be loyal to Calvin...even though I have been loyal this whole time."

"Selena, for the last time, he hasn't been loyal to you!" Genevieve yelled through the phone.

"Give me a second to regain my hearing." I rub my temples knowing it won't help.

"Selena, talk to Calvin about it now, I don't want you getting hurt." Genevieve sighed.

"Yeah yeah. I'll talk about it tomorrow. It's getting late, I-I should go." I hang up the call.

I lay on my back on my bed and look up at my ceiling.

Calvin couldn't be cheating on me. He's not that person. Gaby wouldn't do that to me, especially after everything we've been through.

Also, why can't I get Grayson's hazel eyes out of my mind. I'm faithful to Calvin, I always will be.

I doze off and wake up at 3 am.

I groan and toss all my homework to the floor and try to get back to sleep.

I'm staring into Grayson's hazel eyes. My heart is beating to a point where I don't think it's normal. I glance over to his lips and back up at his eyes.

"Selena, we can't do this. I don't want to be in between you and your boyfriend. It's wr-"

"Grayson." I put a finger over his mouth, shushing him.

"Hmm?"

"Shut up and kiss me already," I whine.

Grayson pulls me close by my waist and my lips meet his. I wrap my arms around his neck and my fingers intertwine with his hair. Our kiss was slow and passionate.

Grayson lifted me up and carried me to his bed without breaking our kiss. He lays me straight on my back. He puts his hands under my shirt and goes for my bra.

He pulls apart and looks at me."Are you sure?"

I cup his face with my hand and nod. He smiles and starts kissing me again. He unclasps my bra and throws it somewhere around his room. He starts unbuttoning his shirt, without breaking our kiss. He pulls off my shirt and we take a breath as I took off my shirt.

He slides off his pants and starts kissing my neck. He starts making his way down to my stomach. He slides off my pants and underwear-

"Selena, wake up honey, you're going to be late" My mom yelled through my door.

I shoot up and gasp for air. I look around my room and see the light beaming in through the blinds. What the fuck happened? I pull up the covers and look at my clothes. The same one I wore yesterday.

It was all a dream. Fuck.

I groan and start getting ready for a dreadful day. I need to get that dream out of my mind, so I call Genevieve.

"Gen, please help me." I groan into the phone.

"What happened?"

"I had a dream...with Grayson in it." I sigh.

"What's wrong with that?" She asks.

"Genevieve."

I hear Genevieve's gasp and she paused, "Oh. Oh! That type of dream? Way to go Selena!"

"Shut up! I've known him for what two weeks? And I'm already dreaming stuff? God, why is this happening to me?" I whine.

"You totally like him." Genevieve beams.

"No, I don't!" I roll my eyes.

I hang up the phone and walk out to my car.

I don't like Grayson. That dream was just a one-time thing. He's just my temporary math tutor. He won't be in my life five years from now.

I park in a spot and walk into school. Calvin's sitting outside going through his phone.

"Cal, can we talk?" I sit next to him.

"What's up, babe?" He kisses my cheek.

"Are you cheating on me?" I blurt out.

"What? Why would you say that?!" 

"Gaby's pregnant and Genevieve says you're the dad," I mumble.

"Gaby's pregnant?!" His eyes widen.

I nod, "Scar didn't tell you?"

"I don't think Scarlett knows." He says confused. "And besides, Genevieve doesn't know what she's talking about. Gaby's pregnancy isn't my problem. I'd never cheat on you and you know that, Sel." He kisses my forehead.

"You're right. I'm sorry for ever even thinking that." I feel a little bit of relief.

"I have to get going somewhere but I'll see you after school." He hesitates, standing up.