Chapter 47| Picnic

"Where are you taking me?" I laugh, reaching my hands out. Grayson puts his hands over my eyes and is slowly leading me somewhere.

"Just wait, we're almost there." He says into my ear.

We suddenly start walking on something soft and I ask, "Are we at the beach?"

He removes his hands from my eyes and I flutter my lashes a few times to regain my eyesight.

"We had our first official date as a couple here." He smiles.

I look down at the small picnic set up, smiling widely. "You did all this for us?"

"For you." He pecks my cheek, then leads me to the blanket set out.

There's a white sheet with fake candles around the sides. There's a picnic basket and some plates set up on the sheet.

The sun is just about to set. The weather isn't too cool and not too hot. We both sit down and admire the ocean.

"Can you believe graduation is right around the corner?" Even saying that sounds unbelievable to me. I start taking out the food packed in the basket and setting it out.

"This school year has definitely been a crazy one." He jokes.

It's weird to think even think about the person I was back in August.

I was a girl who was blindsided by a guy who I thought I was the best guy ever. Little did I know, he had already gotten a girl pregnant by then. I didn't meet Grayson until mid September. I never would've imagined that the boy that I barely recognized at first in my math class would end up being my boyfriend who I've done a lot of firsts with.

He was just a boy with square glasses sitting at the front of the class while I sat in the back with Genevieve gossiping about anything. Never would I imagine losing my virginity to him on prom night, I'll tell you that.

We were completely opposite strangers brought together because I was failing math.

"You know how Genevieve's parents are super rich and how I told you about all the houses they have around the country?" I ask, biting into my food.

Grayson nods as he dabs the napkin over his lips.

I gulp down my food and say, "Well they're letting Genevieve stay at their beach house in Malibu this summer with some friend. Well, she invited me...and you."

"Me? I mean I wouldn't consider Genevieve my best friend or anything but-"

"It's us and Genevieve and Everett. Like a couple's trip." I add, "Her parents will never know and I doubt will even care. They've known about Gen being on birth control since last year, as long as she's safe I doubt they don't mind."

"Malibu, huh?" He hums. "You, me, and whatever hot bikini you decide to wear."

I smack his arm, taking a drink to hide my blushing face. "So what do you say? It'll be our first trip together."

I lean in closer to his ear, lowly saying, "Us together without annoying parents interrupting. Our own room with all the privacy we can ask for."

He sucks in a sharp breath, "Well,"

"And just imagine, all the hot, steamy sex we could have." I whisper.

He shakily breathes out, "If only we weren't in public."

I look around me to see no one near us. I kiss right behind his ear and I can just feel the chills running through his body.

"All of the sex we can have?" He gulps.

I nod, "Mhm. Just imagine it."

"You should stop before I get hard, Selena." He breathes out.

I slightly laugh, resting my head on his shoulder. "So that's a yes?"

He mumbles out a yes and I smile to myself.

"Before this moment of bliss ends, I need to tell you something." He confesses.

I try my best not to freak out on him as I reply, "What's up?"

"My mom wants me and her go to Colorado after graduation. Just for two weeks." He says. "She feels that we haven't spent a lot of time together and since our school is there she thinks it's the perfect opportunity."

"You're leaving too?" I feel the wind has been knocked out of me.

"It's only for two weeks. Before you know it I'll be back and we can spend the whole summer together and go to Malibu." He tries to say in a comforting way.

"What about you dad?"

"I didn't tell you? I swear I told you." He looks at me with furrowed eyebrows, "My parents are getting a divorce."

My eyes widen and I feel my jaw drop. "What? Are you okay? Why didn't you tell me this?!"

"It's not a big deal to me. I'm not a nine year old kid who has to spend weekends with his dad and weekdays with his mom. I'll be moving out of state soon and then wherever the world takes me. It doesn't affect me much as it would if I was younger." He shrugs.

"Wow." I breathe out. "I guess your dads business trips got in the way?"

"Something like that." He murmurs. "But I'm completely fine."

"You two deserve that trip. I'll be waiting here for you." I kiss his cheek.

He kisses the top of my head as we both watch the sun setting in front of us.

It's a mixture of pink and light blue, making the sky look like cotton candy. We've been lucky enough to not be disrupted by seagulls trying to eat our food. The beach isn't too empty but there isn't people crowding around us.

It's perfect.

I couldn't have asked for a more simpler date.

"I love you, Gray." I wrap my arm around his.

"I love you, Sel." He kisses my temple.