Chapter 28| Ideas

One week later...

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" I ask him. He adjusts himself with his crutches and huffs.

"I've missed enough school already." He groans. He starts to slowly walk towards the front doors of the school with his crutches. I walk at a slower pace with him as I carry his books.

Once we get inside I immediately start to feel everyone's stares. Grayson doesn't seem to mind them as he walks over to his locker. He sets his crutches to the side and opens his locker.

"I haven't seen any of these things in forever." He looks at all of the stuff piled in his locker. He grabs the books from my arms, shoving them into the locker. He grabs a folder and notebook and stuffs it into his backpack.

The first bell rings and the halls start to get more crowded. I look around, giving dirty looks at the people that stare at Grayson for too long.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask. "I could walk you to class if you want."

He shakes his head no, "I don't want you to be late."

"I wouldn't be late." I quickly add.

"Bye Selena." His lips quickly turn upwards. He closes his locker shut and crutches away. I laugh to myself then start walking to my first period.

"So who's older? You or Grayson?" Genevieve asks.

"His birthday is Christmas Eve. My birthday is the twenty-seventh." I tell her.

"So what are you going to do? You have a few weeks to plan something out." Genevieve spins around in the chair.

I plop down on my bed, focusing on the floor. "I don't know. Maybe tickets to a sports game?"

"When has he ever talked about sports?" She points out.

I curse under my breath trying to come up with any idea possible. What could I get him for his birthday? A hoodie? A beanie?

I groan, opening my laptop and searching for ideas. Genevieve watches over my shoulder as I scroll through the many posts of ideas. Genevieve writes a couple down as I say them out loud to her.

"So how was his first day back?" Genevieve rolls over to get comfortable on my bed.

"I don't know how he didn't mind all the stares. God, it felt like the whole school was just staring at his every move and he didn't seem to care. Then all these guys he's never talked to started high fiving him and everything." I roll my eyes.

Her face screams 'I told you so'. She purses her lips and says, "What'd I say? Girls will find him hot now! He was in an accident and shows up to school like nothing? God, I bet girls are fucking ready to suck his-"

"Alright, I get it!" I stop her. I look at the sheet of paper that has the gift ideas and pout. "You don't think..."

"Birthday sex!" She says in confidence.

I immediately shush her, looking over at the door hoping no one comes in. "Genevieve are you crazy?! That's a terrible idea."

She rolls her eyes. "Come on! What guy doesn't want that for their birthday?"

"His dad's home that weekend, I can't possibly do it," I admit. "And I made Calvin wait almost a year, Grayson can wait a year too."

She groans in frustration, "God you're going to be a virgin forever!"

I smack her arm, feeling my face go hot. "Besides, he has a broken leg, it wouldn't work out."

"You get on top, duh," Genevieve smirks.

I cover my face in embarrassment while she laughs.
"I hate you!"

She stops laughing and says, "But I think you should wait it out, I fucking hate being on top. It's so much work!"

I ignore her comment and ask, "Have you and Everett done it?"

She nods, "We snuck into the employee bathroom at my parent's anniversary party."

I gasp. When the fuck did she leave my side? "I swear you were by my side the whole time!"

"Not when you and Grayson were slow dancing." She smirks. "We had just finished and that's when I asked you to come to the bathroom with me. Oh yeah, pee after sex every time!"

I'm shocked. I swear I saw Genevieve dancing with Everett too.

Would I make Grayson wait a year? We're not even a couple. He'll eventually ask, right? I should ask. No, I'd chicken out last minute. I don't know. Things feel different with Grayson than they did with Calvin.

Grayson says he'd never pressure me into something I don't want to do. Calvin said the same thing but he'd pressure me at the same thing. The closest thing we ever got to anything sexual was when I accidentally touched his bulge. Oh god, I was so embarrassed.

At this point, I think I'm wasting my time waiting. All my friends lost it and I seem so behind. Just like I did when they all started growing boobs and I was still in training bras.

I have a few weeks to plan everything out.