You

Hiccup
I finally got away from my dad and Oliver poking and prodding at me. I search for Astrid immediately, I want to know what had her so bothered this morning.

I find her in the arena with the Gang. I land behind her, give a curt nod to the others, and focus on her.

"Astrid, can we talk?"

Her shoulders immediately tense, she nods, and we take flight.

We fly, away from Berk, past the sea stacks, to the fog wall at the very edge of the archipelago. I motion for her to land on the next closest sea stack.

I finally break the long silence, " You see that, the wall of fog?"

She sighs, "Hiccup, what did you want to talk about?"

I stay silent and ignore her question, I know exactly what was bothering her earlier, but she needs to stop being so tense.

"Why did we come all the way out here? What did you want to talk about? What's going? Are you breaking up with me? Are you calling the wedding off? Hiccup, you have to tell me what's going on." She lets her anxiety flood over her and her breathing quickens, she's shaking uncontrollably, and she's absolutely panicked.

I step towards her, "Hey, hey, hey, look at me. Look at me. I am not going anywhere. Ok? I am going to marry you Astrid Hofferson."

I pull her against me, and we stand in a hug for a while; the two of us here on the edge of the archipelago.

"Is this really what you want to spend the rest of your life with? A girl who get worked up over the littlest things. Who can barely sleep at night because she's constantly focusing on what needs to be done? Is this what you want to deal with for the rest of your life?"

"Astrid Hofferson, there is no one else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with. I'm in love with you, Astrid. I always have been. You're beautiful, smart, kind, strong, and independent. Every night I thank the gods for bringing you into my life. I thank them for your type being the scrawny, outcast, that would rather spend his time reading, rather than training. There will never be a moment in my life where I will not love you with every piece of my being. The only reason you're like this is because you have anxiety. You lay awake at night worrying, even when there is nothing to worry about, is because you have anxiety. Your mind is constantly working on overtime on what needs to be done next because of it. There is nothing wrong with you, Astrid. I would know, I've been dealing with anxiety my whole life. You were never taught how to deal with it and that's ok. It wasn't until I got to the Academy and met others that have it too. I can help you."

She takes a few moments to gather herself, before she searches my eyes.

"I love you Hiccup Haddock and I always will." She mutters before bringing her lips to mine.

The kiss started out passionate, and hungry on both ends, and we melt into each other. She wraps her arms around my neck and let's her fingers sink into my hair. I snake my arms around her waits and pull her further against me.

We linger in each others air long after the kiss ends and we enjoy each other's company and understanding.

"Now what were you saying about the fog?" She asks.

I chuckle softly, "what do you see on the other side of it?"

Her brows furrowed in confusion, " What do you mean? I can't see anything."

"Exactly, you can't see what's on the other side, there is no way of knowing what's waiting for you on the other side. Yet, without a doubt there's light on the other side, correct?"

   She pauses for a moment, "Well yes..."

"Astrid, I know you've been worried all day. The whole wedding thing is really stressful, trust me, I understand. I also know that you don't know what to say in our vows to each other."

   Her brows crease.

Shit.

"You think I don't know what to say in my vows to you? I know exactly what I want to say! How could I not? I'm just worried about the way to say it. I'm not good with flower language, or big words. I don't want them to sound bad though."

   I smile softly, Astrid Hofferson, confessing an insecurity of hers; a true once in a lifetime opportunity. I cup her check, bringing her eyes to meet mine, "Astrid, I love you. I don't care about your vows being fancy with big words because that's not you. I want you to be exactly you, that's all you ever have to do, and I'll love you for the rest of our lives. Say it however you want, be blunt, yell them at me, or whisper them in my ear. However you feel the most comfortable."

   Without a word, she rises to the tip of her toes, and joins her lips softly with mine. It's a silent thank you.

   Thunder sound close by and we break. "I think that's our cue to head back to Berk." She smiles.

"Not quite yet, I have somewhere I want to show you." I wink at the curious look on her face.