Trickery pt.1

Astrid

"Who could this be? This doesn't make any sense at all." Fishlegs said, pacing back and forth with his hand behind his back.

  "Oh come on!" Tuff exclaimed "Isn't it obvious who it is?"

  Everyone turns their attention of Tuff, waiting for for him to release the lingering thought in his brain.

  "Who?" I ask, after waiting a while.

   His eyes run along all of our faces then rest  for a second on my face, ending with a side glance on Ruff.

  Ruff turns and walks away, saying, "I'm not going to be apart of this."

  Tuff laughs, "Nope me neither, I honestly lost the name in my mind anyway.."

  The rest of the team watches in silence as the twins swing their legs over, to get on their dragons.

  "What was all that about?" Snotlout asks, breaking the questioning silence.

  "Who knows! They're always up to something mischeivious, for all we know they could just be messing with us." Fishlegs exclaims.

  "Yeah, but their jokes, comments, and suggestions, no matter how rediculous they may sound, always lead up to something. If you ask me we should find out what they know." Heather suggests.

  "Yeah, but what if they did that, knowing that'd we think that, and we just fall into their trap?" Snotlout asks, confusing himself in the process.

  "What?" Hether and Fishlegs both ask in unison.

  I shake my head, trying to lose the thought, "Look, whoever this is, has been here in the past and knows Hiccup and all of us. We're the only ones who can figure this guy out. Let's just go to the last place we saw him and trap him. Then we will have him under control and we can get some answers."

  Everyone nods and flys off to the cliffs. We all sneak in to find a sleeping Toothless wrapped around a person rolled up in a blanket.

  Just as they come in sight, Toothless and I make eye contact and he starts growling, putting a paw over the body.

  At the sound of Toothless' growl, everyone freezes in their tracks, not being able to believe that the loyal Night Fury would betray them like this.

  The guy starts to squirm in his sleep indicating that he is waking up.

  "Grab that thing on his armor!" I yell over to Snotlouts lout, who was the closest to the neat pile on the floor.

  "This?!" He asks as he detaches it from the strange armor.

  I nod and he throws it across the room to me, I quickly examine it, making mental notes on what each end must be and which button is for which part.

  "Shit!" The figure hisses through gritted teeth as he throws the blanket over himself in just enough time to stay unnoticed.

   He makes a gesture under the blanket that is hard to decipher, so the whole team braces themselves, expecting anything from the obeying Night Fury.

  Toothless leaps to the pile of amor on the ground, causing Snotlout to stumble back a few steps, he grabs the helmet and throws it over the blanketed boy, who catches it and quickly turns aroun, putting it on.

  I point one end of the cylindrical object towards the now helmeted guy.

   Even turns around, watching each of us stiffen as he looks across all of our faces.

   "Well, well, well, look who we got here!" He says enthusiastically, taking a step towards us.

  "Not another step!!" I warn, tightening my grip on the unordinary weapon.

  He looks me straight in the eyes, sending the howling wind in just long enough for it to creep down my spine. "Or what? You don't know how to use that!"

  "You've used it around me enough. I learn quickly."

  "Yes, I know, but if you have that pointed in the wrong direction or press the wrong button, you can seriously injure yourself."

  "Calm yourself, I know how to use it!"

  "Or really?"

  "Yeah!"

  "Then please, go right ahead."

  I press the button oposite me, expecting to hear the familiar hissing noise of the gas, but instead it responds with metal sliding, and a spark.

  There was no gas filling the air to sting the lunges of its enemies and cloud the raided minds, but instead a flaming sword, light, and easy to maneuver. Everyone froze and watched in amazement as the flames flicker, just inches from my hand.

  The guy took the opportunity to graphics the weapon out of my hand.

  "Hey! Give that back!"

  "Do you always claim anything you like yours?" He says, just before he presses a button, making the sword disapear, and pressing the oposite button, releasing the Zippleback gas.

  At the sound of the hiss, I take a deep breath, filling my lungs with as much air as could fit, and try to make out the figure of the man and the betraying Night Fury.