Return to Berk

Astrid

The rain had stopped and the sun started to burn the clouds away. Birds joined the sky once more, continuing their daily duties.

As we flew into Berk, preparing the land, the village was bustling. People buzzing by us with decorations for our wedding.

I turn to Hiccup and Raise my eyebrows. To which he does the same.

My attention turns to Stoick, demanding carriers to and fro the forest.

"Ahh!! Son!!" He booms, "What do you think?"

Hiccup runs his hand through his hair, overwhelmed, "It's amazing!" He breathes.

Stoick scoops Hiccup and I into his arms and gives us a squeeze, "Just imagine!! In two days, we'll all be one big happy family!!"

Hiccup and I both laugh in delight, nothing could make us happier.

"There you guys are!! We got worried you got caught up in the storm!!" Heather exclaims.

We greet everyone with hugs, "We took shelter in a cave until the rain stopped," Hiccup explains.

Snotlout holds me at my elbows after our hug, "Were you so scared without me? You know I'd never let you get caught in a storm. It's never too late to join the Jorgensen's."

I smile, grab his left arm, and twist in a circular motion; flipping him to the ground. "Eggh, ok.." he groans.

"Did you guys find anything cool in the cave?" Fishlegs asks, intrigued by the possibilities of exploration.

Hiccup chuckles, "No, Fishlegs, unfortunately we-"

"Never mind about that!" Tuff exclaims, pushing against Fishlegs' face to move him, "Are we going to throw a party tonight?"

My brows furrowed, "Why would we be throwing a party tonight??"

"Like how they do in the East? Where the guys do their thing and the girls do theirs?" Hiccup asks.

"Yes!!" The twins exclaim.

   My voice cracks, "Wait what? That's a thing?"

"Oh!! I've read about this!!" Fishlegs exclaims, it's a ritual that is very popular with eastern tribes in which the bride and all her friends celebrate in whatever way appeases to them. So they can go to the markets and shop or they can spend the whole day cleaning themselves-"

   Ruff chimes in, "We're not doing that right? I've been working on perfecting my smell to match Belch's."

   Fishlegs continues, annoyed, "Moving on, the groom and his friends celebrate by going on a hunt or have a large feast. In the case that there is a disrespectful chief or heir, they will go to a hub full of women that will entertain them for a night."

"Ehh, Fishlegs, thank you." Hiccup looks at me, "We will most definitely not be going to any hubs of that sort."

"I think that sounds fun." Heather speaks up, "Not the hub thing of course, but having the separate parties."

   I agree, "Heather's right. I'm in!"

"Ha ha yeah!!" Ruff cheers.

   Hiccup turns to the guys, "What sounds fun?"

"We should go to Gothi's and see if we can come up with any new remedies!"

"Boroororring!!" Tuff drawls out, "We should set up boobytraps all over the island and see if we can get the chief!"

   Snotlout scoffs, "He'll never fall for that! We should do a series of competitions to see who the real Viking of the group is!"

"What say you, my one legged friend?" Tuffnut questions, bringing everyone's attention to Hiccup.

"Why don't we all go to Gothi's, make up crazy mixtures of anything we can find up there and see who in the village we can get to drink them. If your mixture doesn't get drank, then you have to drink it yourself! Then, we can play a prank on Gobber and run out to the forest. Who ever can stay the whole night in the forest, doesn't have to do any chores in the morning!"

   Hiccup turns to me, "You girls have full permission to use my house for whatever you need."

   The boys all take off getting ready for their night of mischief.

   I roll my eyes, "Boys..." I mutter while shaking my head.

"Can we do something fun like them?" Ruff asks.

"First things first, I'm hungry! Let's run through the Great Hall and grab whatever food we can carry, and take it to Hiccup's. We'll eat there and then further out the rest of our night."

   Heather shrugs, "Sounds good to me."

Ruff nods.