All to Myself

Hiccup

Oh Thor have mercy

   Sabrina had a distinctful accent that was easy to recgonize. She used to be part of my friend group back at the Academy, but her boyfriend broke up with her and she blamed me for it. I tried to avoid her for years, but she always caused so much drama.

"Sabrina." I greet sternly, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh Hiccup, that's no way to greet a friend. Now please tell these brutes to let me get out of my ship."

"We're not friends."

   She gasps in suprise, "You put five years of your life into something and for it to just turn on you, well, that just hurts Hiccup."

   I sigh, rolling my eyes, " I don't have time for this."

"Hiccup wait!! Ok, I'll, admit, we weren't friends back at the Academy, but I need a place to stay for a few days." She sounded sincere about this.

   I shared a look with Zara, neither of us trusted her.

"Why? What about your island?"

"My island sent me on a journey. Each generation of heirs are sent on this journey. We must survive on our own and have the first island we come across become an ally."

"Berk and Dunmar have been enimies for generations. What makes you think that'll change now?" Zara finally chimes in.

"Once my people hear that there has been kindness given to their heir by Berk, I'm sure they will be more than willing to form an alliance."

   Hundreds of years ago, Dunmar kidnapped the heir of Berk, hoping to gain control of the island. After years of war, the heir was finally escaped in time for him to take the throne. However, he was not a good leader and was terrified of everything. The throne was taken away, and the two islands deemed enimies ever since.

"I wasn't talking about your people. Berk has no reason to ally with Dunmar. Besides, after what you guys did to us, us doing a favor for you is not a good way to start an alliance." Right off the bat, Zara didn't appreciate the gesture.

Sabrina shoots Zara a glare, "Last time I checked, you weren't the heir."

"Yet her opinion is just as important." I then look to the guards, "Please take her straight to the Table Room, she's not allowed to wonder around, touch anything, or get out of your sight. I will be joining you shortly."

   The Table Room was where meetings or battle plans were made.

"Oh come on Hiccup!! I'm not a prisoner!!" Sabrina exclaims.

"Maybe, but you're also an uninvited guest." At that we take flight.

   We find Astrid and my Father, filling them in on the situation along the way. Then after a long conversation, we decided that Sabrina would be allowed to stay at Berk for a max of three days, constantly guarded, but there would be no treaty between the islands.

   Sabrina wasn't too happy about the situation, but it was clear that she'd use all three days.

"Can we talk?" I ask Astrid.

   I could tell that she wanted to say 'No' and fly off, but she took a deep breathe and said, "Yes."

"I just want to say that I'm sorry. I should've talked my court choices over either you, even if I felt like you wouldn't agree with my recisions. Cutting you out like that goes against the promise I made you when I asked you to be my heiress." I felt like a complete jerk.

"I would like to know what the rest of your choices are and positions they will be held responsible for. I don't want to be left out of another decision unless it's an emergency. I will not stand for a cheif if he cuts me out." She was obviously still pretty upset.

"Ok, yeah. We can go over the rest of the court, our court, tonight in my hut. I'll have dinner set so we're not thinking on empty stomaches. That way we will also be in a quiet and private place with no distractions. How does that sound?"

A nice quiet dinner with Astrid is exactly what I need right now.  Just hope that it'll stay quiet...

" I think it sounds promising. I also appreciate that you emphasized on the fact that it's our court and not just your cuort. I will have training with the Little Warriors for the rest of the day. As soon as I'm fone, I'll head over." She was excited about it. Her light blush highlighting her cheeks gave it away.

All I have to do is finish a few more of my chores and then I get to have Astrid all to myself..