Rainy Day pt. 2

ASTRID

A sudden heat runs through my body, "What?!?"

Did he just say what I think he said?

"You should take your wet clothes off so I can get a fire going and dry them." He seems as if he has no idea what he's saying.

"And what will I wear in the mean time?"

He raises the tunic he's holding up, "This!"

His words almost seem so incredibly innocent, but I have experienced first hand just how little innocence resides in Hiccup Haddock. It's like he's wanting me to make it into something sexual.

I smirk and cross my arms over my chest, "Aren't there rules against this??"

He rolls his eyes as if I'm the one that's too innocent to understand. "I'm not asking you to strip naked, Astrid. I'm simply just asking you to take your tunic and your pants off; which will be replaced immediately. The only rules that are physically written are that I can't see you completely naked and I can't have sex with you until we're married."

Gods now I feel stupid for making this into something that it wasn't.

"I'm sorry, Astrid. That came out really rude. I was just trying to prove to you that I wasn't trying to make it sexual at all, that my main goal is to just get you warm. The last thing I want is for you to get sick." He smiles apologetically, "Although, I would be lying if a few of those thoughts didn't enter my mind."

I scoff at his now growing smirk, a smile pulling at the corners of my mouth, "Just give me the tunic, Haddock."

He chuckles and walks it over to me. "Here, I'll go get the fire started."

I watch him walk out of the room and disappear into the darkness of the cave. The dragons following closely behind.

I slipped out of my wet clothes, I didn't realize how wet they really were until they were off. Another chill works it's way down my back. I continue to change out of my leggings and pulled on Hiccup's tunic.

I look down at myself and notice just how large and baggy the shirt was on me. It was practically a dress, just not one that would be acceptable for the public eye. I look around for any pants he may have set out for me, but there were none.

Shoot.

The smell of the fire travels through the many tunnels of the cave and enters the room. Knowing that Hiccup will now be heading back this way, I frantically double check my surroundings. Until, out of the corner of my eye, I see something in the doorway.

I gasp and quickly look up. There, leaning against the wall, with both his legs and arms crossed his very bare chest in such a nonchalant way, and a amused look on his face, stood one Hiccup Haddock.

"I forgot to set out pants for you didn't I??" He asks, the amused look never leaving his face.

I take a deep breath in, trying to contain whatever thoughts of reason I have left. "Uh, yeah."

He stays silent and calmly looks me over. I have never felt more subconscious in my life. A smirk begins to spread across his face once more. "That's alright."

He swiftly moves across the room until he is inches in front of me. A soft and gentle smile finds it way to his lips. He brushes my straggly and wet bangs to the side of my face, cups my cheek, and gently rubs his thumb back and forth.

"You're beautiful..." he whispers.

   I swear his words cause my heart to skip a beat and my stomach feel like it's full of butterflies.

   Without thinking, I put both of my hands on his shoulders and use that as leverage to bring my lips to his.

   A small chuckle escapes his lips, causing me to giggle.

"I love how little you are compared to me." He whispers, while wrapping his arm around my waist.

   I giggle, "Careful, I may be small in size, but I can still kick your ass."

   He pulls away from our kiss and looks into my eyes. I stare expectantly back.

What is he doing? Is something wrong?Did I freak him out? Did he not want to kiss me? What if I'm reading this whole situation wrong? "What if -

"I love you, Astrid Hofferson. I always will."

   Now I feel like my heart is the one fluttering. My body feels like it's changed temperatures within a second.

Hiccup Haddock loves me!

   I always knew he had a crush on me when we were younger. I knew that those feelings grew as we got older too, but I guess I just assumed that they kind of went away when he went to the academy. However, I figured that that wasn't the case when he asked me to be his betrothed. For some odd reason, having an idea and hearing the confirmation are wayy different.

   I can feel a wide grin starting, "I love you, Hiccup Haddock and nothing will ever change that."

   He kisses the top of my head, long and slow, almost like he's trying to transfer everything he feels to me. I'd say it's working.

   "Why don't you lay down?" He points to the bed, "I'll go make us something to eat."

"Why can't I come with you?"

"Astrid, you're cold. I can literally feel you shaking. Please, lay down, get under the blankets, and I'll be back with food."

   I sigh, he's right, I'm freezing. The wet hair and lack of clothing doesn't really help much. I want to ask him to stay, but the rumbling in my stomach tells me otherwise. So I obediently get under the covers.

   He sighs, "Thank you." I watch as he walks out of the room.