Allies

Hiccup

   The cool air stinging my skin was a releif to feel as we flew around Berk. I had felt like I was being suffocated by my thoughts last night.

   Toothless warbled worriedly, I pat his head in reassurance. The open skies will allow me to clear my head.

   Last night Stormfly and Astrid's little sister, Zara's Sand Wrath, Frigate got in a fight and burnt the Hofferson hut to the ground. Being me, I offered my hut to them for as long as they needed it.

   Therefore, Astrid's parents took he guest room downstairs, Zara and Frigate took the room next to mine, and I let Astrid and Stormfly take my room. Thus, leaving Toothless and me on the couch downstairs.

   The thought of sleeping in my bed kept me up all night and made me uncomfortable in my own skin. It was like my personality split in two. One half wanting to be a complete teenager and the other half wanting to be a responsible heir.

   As soon as the sun started to peek above the horizon, I set out to patrol the island. Knowing that once I got back, the working shifts would be rotating and those who worked through the night could go to sleep for the day. Leaving the other half of the days work to the day workers.

"Couldn't get out of there fast enough could you?" I hear to my right.

   Snapping me from my thoughts, I turn to Astrid, "What do you mean?"

   She shoots me a dead panned glare, "Don't play stupid. I know you didn't get much sleep last night."

"What makes you think that?" I ask, brows furrow ingredients in confusion.

"Well for starters you left the table a mess with charts, letters, and documents. Since they were still there in the morning, that means that you were up late working on them let night and since you were gone before they were picked up that means you were in a rush to get out of the house. Also, you being out here this early, means that you need to clear your head. So, do you want to talk about it?" Astrid started picking up on my habits fairly quickly over these past 3 months we've been courting.

   I sigh heavily, "Not really..."

"Well I do." She states.

   Astrid clearly wasn't asking, she wanted to know what was going through my head and how she could help sort it out.

" It's not really something I'm proud of thinking about." I confess 

"Why not?" She was going to push until I gave her an answer she was satisfied with, and I most likely would've if it weren't for my dad waving us down for us to land.

"Astrid!" He immediately greets. "I just finished talking to Zara, how are you?"

   She smiles softly, but it was evidently clear that she was upset that all her belongings along with her house were burnt to ash. "I'm doing well, all thanks to Hiccup."

   As I began opening my mouth to say that I'm always happy to help, Zara walks up behind us, " Your hut is really nice Hiccup. It's so big, don't you get lonely living there alone?"

"Well it's made big because he's not supposed to be living alone for much longer." My father chimes in.

   Of course his comment receives an immediate blush from Astrid. Seeing this, Zara couldn't help, but make her own.

"Ooh right!! The two of you are supposed to get married and move in together!" Zara exclaims with a mischeivious smirk.

   The air fills with my father's bellowing laughter, "Yes, the future of Berk."

   Coming back on topic, "Anyway, Astrid and Zara, I just wanted to tell you that if there's anyway I can help, I'll be more than glad to do so."

"Thanks cheif." Both girls say, with a respective nod of their heads.

"Son," the cheif turns to me, "We are meeting with a few of our allies from the north. I want to go over a few things with you...and Astrid, if you're up for it."

"Of course!" She reassures.

***
Astrid

   Stoick had Hiccup and I do most of the talking during our meetings with the allies. It was like he was testing us, only chiming in if he thought we didn't word something correctly.

   The meeting took all day, not because they were being difficult, but because these allies had to travel far to come to Berk. We barely ever met with them, so when we did, there was a lot to cover.

   The two islands that came are Glacier Island and White Peak Island. Not only are these two islands allied with Berk, but they're allied with each other as well.

   Glacier Island is home to people with light olive skin, piercing blue eyes, warriors who wear metal, and native home to the Ice Snapper. Their leaders are a King Martin and a Queen Rasolma, who came with their 13 year old son Glacierous. They wished to have Glacierous train as a Little Warrior.

   White Peak is an island with a long, dark, and complicated history. Their people are sacred, rare, and incredible warriors. They are referred to as Dragonians and they refer to their island as Dragonia. They speak with the Dathroki tounge, but know our language really well. White Peak is also home to the Dragon, a rare dragon who can camouflage anywhere and has multiple different flames.

   I used to read stories about this island when I was a kid. Their story is incredible.

   My thoughts were cut off by, "Are you serious!?!"