Hiding pt. 2

Astrid
   A tall and lean man with dark brown curly hair and a beard stands smirking.

   Hiccup and I look over to see Oliver smile wide and embrace this stranger in a hug. "Kit!!" He exclaims.

   Kit chuckles and shakes his head, "I told you to stop calling me that!!"

   "I'm sorry, who are you?" Hiccup asks, wondering who this stranger standing in his house was.

   Kit straightens himself and clears his the throat, "Right sorry lads, my name is Kitaaron, but you can call me Aaron. I am here to dress and prep your beautiful bride for your big day!"

   Oliver nods and smile excitedly like a little kid that just got asked if they wanted some sweets.

"Miss Hofferson, you will be with me for today and we'll pick out a gown and a hairstyle for you." Aaron gets right to business.

"And Hiccup, you will be doing the same with your father and me."  Oliver continues.

   "Ok, uhm, is this the last thing that needs to be planned?" Hiccup asks, something definitely on his mind.

   "No, then the two of you will need to write your vows to each other." Oliver says, as he ushers us out of the hut.

   Vows. They had almost completely slipped my mind. I want to promise my everything to Hiccup. My life, my heart, my body, my soul....but how do I put that in a more flowery way of writing?

   Hiccup must have noticed me worrying bc he grabbed my hand and softly kissed my knuckles. I give him a small smile to reassure him that I'm OK.

***

   I am standing on top of a stool in Gothi's hut as Aaron makes some alterations to the gown hanging from my shoulders. It was far too big and I didn't really like the way it puffed out at the bottom, but Aaron said that I'm being too judgmental for not even trying the gown yet.

"Aaron are you married?" I didn't expect my question to come out so blunt.

   He snorts, "No, but I sure wish I was."

   My brows furrowed in confusion, "What do you mean, 'I sure wish I was'? Do you have someone in mind?"

"Yes I most definitely do. But I will never be able to marry the person I love. We'd be ridiculed if we were ever truthful about our feeling for each other."

   I want more answers, but getting just that much out of him seems like it took its toll. I nod my head and provide an apologetic smile as Aaron continues to fit the dress.

   My thoughts turn to Hiccup. I wonder how his fitting is going.

***

   As soon as I am set free from Aaron and Gothi's tightening and squeezing, I go on a hunt from the Gang. I hope that Hiccup is there, but at the same time I hope that he isn't because I've been pondering what to say in my vows for hours.

"Look what the Nader dragged in." Snotlout greets.

   The twins run up to me, Ruff having a notebook and charcoal in her hands, while Tuff stops in front of me with his hands on his hips.

"Sooo H, where have you been?" He asks.

   I roll my eyes, "I've been planning my wedding. Where else would I be?"

   Snotlout saunters up.

Oh great.

"A little birdie told me that you were at Hiccup's late last night. What were the two of you doing so late at night?"

Shit. If they are questioning it, then others had to be.

   I took a deep breath, "Hiccup and I were going over not only our wedding plans, but also how we'd do our best to work side-by-side as chief and chiefess. After hours of discussing and designing our plans, we finally called it a night."

   Ruff scoffs as she furiously writes in her notebook.

   Heather chimes in, "Guys, leave her alone, she's been working like crazy and I'm sure she's exhausted."

  A dragon lands softly behind me, "Astrid, can we talk?"