The Court

Hiccup

"Are you serious!?!"

   Everyone jumps and looks toward the door in which a smirking Snotlout was standing.

"Snotlout!" Stoick growls.

"You guys are having a meeting without me?" He asks, his smirk growing.

   I jump up in defense, trying to think of a way to make this seem like it was planned.

"Uhh, Snotlout!! You made it!!" Our allies looked at me confused, "Late, I might add."

   Astrid gives me a look as if saying, 'Explain.'

"Dragonians, Glacians, I'd like you to meet Snotlout Jorgensen." I pull him toward the table, " Due to your long travels, I'd like you to be here to witness the heir start picking his court and Snotlout is going to be the first member!! Snotlout Jorgensen is my 2nd in command!"

   I dig around in my satchel I have hanging on the back from my chair and I pull out a pin I had made in the forge.

   I had made one for each member of my court, all customised to its owner

   I had made one for each member of my court, all customised to its owner. This definitely wasn't when I planned on starting to pick my court members, but it was the only thing I could come up with.

   When I present the pin to Snotlout, his face changed from a smirk to shock and awe. This wasn't the reaction he was expecting when barging into an important allie meeting.

"May I?" I ask, gesturing toward the pin.

   Snotlout shakes his head excitedly, like a young child as I pin it to his chest. However, it was obvious he tried to collect himself and look professional.

   We went over what Snotlouts duties would now be and he took a couple of oaths to insure that he'd follow through.

   Shortly after the meeting was finished, our allies went to either explore, or talk to others, and the rest of us returned to our duties.

"I had no idea you were done picking your cuort." Astrid was mad that I hadn't spoken about this to her. Especially because it was something we were supposed to do together.

   As soon as Astrid had said something to me, Snotlout had jumped on Hookfang, and took off. Which was the smartest thing I've seen him do all week.

"Astrid, I understand why you're mad, I really do, but I just don't think you would've agreed." I had to stay as level headed as I could with this.

"You're right, I wouldn't have agreed!! Snotlout is not a good second in command. Trust me, I've worked with him for five years. He's recklace, only looks after himself, stubborn, and doesn't follow simple orders. There is nothing about him that would make a good second in command." Astrid was now yelling at me outside of the Great Hall.

"Snotlout deserves this, he needs something important to do that will force him to become more responsible.  Under some training and guidance, I think Snotlout will step up to the job." I know that didn't seem very logical, but it was something that I gave a lot of thought to.

   Astrid laughs in frustration, "Right. Snotlout deserves to be second in command. Your betrothed gets cut out of decisions. And you become an ass!!"

   At that Astrid flys away on Stormfly. She needed some time to gather her thoughts, I know it'll take a bit for her to agree with my decision, but I know she will eventually. Me making the decision without her will be something she won't be so forgiving for.

   Being apart of decisions was something I had promised Astrid when I asked her to be my betrothed.

   Zara lands next to me.

Great.

"So what'd you do to piss my sister off? She's out in the woods abusing trees again." She asks.

"I made a decision without her about my cuort and she didn't agree with it."

"Wow. Hiccup, I never took you for that type of leader. Anyway, we got a visitor at the docks." She said the last part in a tone, letting me know that this visitor wasn't invited.

   We head down to the docks together and before I could recgonize the person from their looks, I recognized our visitor from their voice.

   "Oh my dear Hiccup!! It's been far too long!!" She exclaims.

Oh Thor have mercy