Jealousy

Hiccup

   It took about an hour flight before we arrive to Runstun island. An island mostly made up of all rock. There was little to no vegetation. However, they had a large harbor allowing for a larger number of trade ships to dock. This way, we would trade them some of our food resources for the items they gained from their advantage. 

   Not to be rude or a stuck up douche, but the only downside to the inhibitors of Runstun were that the women were not the prettiest. They had big noses and mouths that seemed too small for their big heads, (both mentally and physically). 

   Rosemal, however, was supposed to be the beauty of the island. Her mother came from an island up North. So she wasn't a full blooded Runstunian. 

   As soon as we land, the village cheers and we are greeted by the chief, Randaloff the Gruesome.

"Ah! Our friends from Berk have finally made the time to come visit!" Randaloff greets. 

"Yes, well I hope we did not take too long. We've had quite the turn of events back on Berk." my dad tries to justify. 

"Of course not!" Randaloff waves is hand as if pushing the thought of it away, "Now! Im guessing this one behind you is your boy." 

   I nod my head in answer and step forward to introduce myself, "Yes. Hello, I'm Hi-" 

"Oh no need for that. Everyone here knows who you are, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, trainer of dragons, all mighty peace keeper, and heir of the generation." a voice to my right says. 

   I turn to see a girl, my age, with dark brown hair, crystal blue eyes, and light caramel skin. She holds herself, tall, proud, and with a kind smile stretched across her face. She held an accent much like the parents of the native children of the archipelago. 

   I smiled and bowed my head, "Hiccup is just fine." 

   She released a breath when she smiled at the ground, "Well, Hiccup, I am Rosemal. "

Had that one figured out from the start.       

"The two of you will spend the day together. No responsibilities. No duties. No interruptions." Randaloff informs, "Just do not leave this island."

"Yes sir." I reply. 

"Of course Dad." Rosemal answers. 

   The crowd then disperses, leaving us to our business, and going back to their own. 

"So I guess that takes taking a ride on that Night Fury of yours off the list." she sarcastically starts. 

"There's a list?" Two could play at that game. 

*** 

Astrid

   Due to Hiccup leaving first thing in the morning, I had to pick up the slack on his chores, and with the team. Which I thought I'd never have to do again when he came back. 

   Today brought all the raw feelings of anxiety, loneliness, and helplessness back. I hated nothing more than to feel those, but this time, there was a new feeling added to that list, jealousy.

   I didn't like the thought of Hiccup having an entire list of girls waiting for him to accept their marriage proposal. For some reason, I wanted to be on that list. To be the one that draws his full attention. 

What if he decides to marry the girl from Runstun island right away? Without giving anyone a second chance. 

What if the girl tries to kiss Hiccup?

Will he think of me because I was his first kiss?

Does he even remember our kiss?

What if he doesn't think about me at all?

As if being friends was suddenly so hard. 

"Hey, you okay?"