Adore

Astrid

   A loud snap echoed throughout the forest and bounced off the rock walls of the cove.

   The snap was too large for a wolf or a viking, so it had to be something bigger.

A dragon maybe?

   I instinctively looked at Hiccup to see his reaction. Of course, he was curious. Even though he'd been trained to fight these past years, he still answered to his curiosity first.

   He noticed my defensive stance and put a hand out to his side to motion for me to stay still until he gave the signal.

   A series of snaps continued our way. I glanced toward the southerner, expecting him to cower in fear, but he was not. He was looking in the direction of the approaching beast as if he knew it.

   An over fed Hobblegrunt came into view.

"This is Frolic, my trusted companion." Oliver introduced.

   Hiccup couldn't help, but show slight disappointment at the sight of the Hobblegrunt. He was hoping something unexpected and rare, not common and fat.

"Wow...she's got....character." Hiccup tried his best to stay plight, but I just rolled my eyes and walk next to him.

"Isn't she a beauty??" Oliver replied, "Now! It'll take me the rest of the day to draw up what you both have told me you want your wedding to look like. You are both free to return to your duties and we will continue tomorrow."

***

   The rest of the day crawled by, as nothing new happened.

   Hiccup and I ate dinner with the rest of the riders and once done, they all started walking their separate ways. Except for me, who looked at Hiccup for a suggestion on what they should do.

   He chuckled as he took a sip of his water, "You wanting to come home with me?"

   Hiccup's confidence allowed him to become quite the flirt. Much to my dismay.

"As great as that sounds, why don't we go to my house? My parents keep asking me about you. Those two adore you." I say with a roll of my eyes.

   A genuine smile crossed Hiccup's face, "I'd be more than happy to."

   As soon as my mom opened the door and saw Hiccup, she was too happy to control herself. "Hiccup!! Come in!! Come in!! Is there anything I can get you??"

"I'm quite alright. I came to see you and you're hardworking husband." I couldn't tell who adored each other more.

"Oh!! Herleif!! Get down here we have a guest!!" She yelled before giving an apologetic smile for the yelling.

   In any other moment I would've rolled my eyes, but my mother is my rock. Seeing Hiccup absolutely adore her was melting my heart.

"Who is unlucky enough to be our guest?" My father asks, coming down the stairs.

   He reaches the bottom of the steps and makes eye contact with me, I then nod my head towards Hiccup. "Ahhh Hiccup."

   At the sound of his name, Hiccup straightens up and give my father a curt nod out of respect.

My father laughs, "No need to be so formal kid. You've well over earned my respect."

"Why don't Ingrid and I set a fire and you can tell us some stories about your time at the Academy." He suggests.

"Sounds great!!" Hiccup was more than happy to have my parents' love, "How can I help with the fire?"

  While they got the fire situated, I went to my room and grabbed Hiccup's blanket he gave me.

   We all sat around the fire for hours trading stories of our times as teens. Then the darkness of sleep took over.

Hiccup

   Right now I couldn't think of anything that felt better than Astrid falling asleep on me in front of the fire.