■Jobs■

Astrid

Now we are finally back at berk for the summer and then we are going to leave as soon as all preparations are done for winter. Then we're going to come back in the spring.

The spring is also when Hiccup gets back. I wander if he remembers all of us. I can only image the training they're putting him through.  I wander if he's going to look different.

I look different. My hair color has changed a bit, I'm taller, my hair is longer, and I wear the armor that Hiccup made me before he left.

I miss him, a lot. But there is no time to think about that now. It's the first week of spring and that means it'll be daylight for two weeks straight and Stoick likes to get as much work as he can, done. Eventually, everyone starts getting sleep deprived and the village will completely shut down for two days. During the shutdown everyone usually just stays home and sleeps.

Things are pretty great right now. We all help around the village throughout the week and then, on the weekends, the Gang and I go out exploring and try to find new dragon species.

We haven't had much luck finding any new dragons, but we have learned a lot more about the dragons we already knew existed. Everytime we learn something new, Fishlegs updates the Book of Dragons. He even started to make dragon cards that have a picture of the dragon, the class, and the dragons stats.

Speaking of dragon classes we found a whole new dragon class, called the Tracker class. Turns out, Stormfly is actually part of this class. She has an incredible scense of smell. I've been training her to find people's scents. She's doing really well.

Sometimes I train with Toothless and we go on sunset rides until way past dark. I'm pretty sure it calms him and if I'm being honest, it calms me down too. Being out there in the cool air helps me clear my head.

Another thing I do in my free time is teach the kids on the island how to be great warriors. The kids learn what it truly means to be a warrior, what it takes, how to fight in hand-to-hand combat, how to fight with weapons, aim practice, dicipline, following orders, stralth, withstanding pain, and battle plans. I love how eager they all are.

Stoick's been having the Gang and I build a small hut next to his house so Hiccup can have a little bit of privacy to himself, when he gets back.

Stoick's paying each of us a hefty price just for building the hut and he pays a little extra to the ones that work/volunteer during the day. So Snotlout gets paid more because he helps Gobber in the Amory. Fishlegs gets paid more because he teaches the kids how to write, read, the history of Berk, about dragons, and how to make precise calculations.